Safari crashing on you? Or is it just me?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Anyone else experience Safari crashing on them? Screen goes black and you jump to the home screen. Then when you restart safari the session is a few minutes old and you lost your back/forward button list.

I'm sure this has happened to some of you since it's happened to me 6 times so far today. Why it even happened while I was posting this question.

adamjohn_98

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I would say this has happened to me at least 15 times since I purchased my iPhone. Usually occurs with 2 or more sites open at once....

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I haven't noticed a pattern or rhyme or reason for it to crash yet. But yeah, I usually do have more than one page open at a time.

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
Its happened to me too. A lot. I'm willing to bet there will be an update on he 2nd to fix it.
I agree. It has happened to me twice today, both times when 2 websites were open simultaneously so i think it had something to do with that. i hope the RAM isn't THAT low. i just hope that it happens to many people so it will be a big enough problem to fix during the first iPhone update.

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
Google maps has crashed on me multiple times. Safari has been pretty stable. It seems to be when I am zoomed in pretty tight od doing direction or all of the above at the same time... it will go black and go to the home screen. It is always when I am showing off my phone to an iPhone hater too...how embarrassing...! I haven't reset it yet. Also, has anyone had any trouble with the unlock slider not sliding? I am having to swipe multiple times sometimes without sucess, especially when calls are coming in...