Safari cuts out...

wesexcellence

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Daytona Beach
www.audiobywes.com
Everytime I open a website and then hit a link my Safari shuts down and it goes back to the main springboard.

Its frustrating as I attempt to say enter a zip code for a location search and poof its gone so I re-start Safari and it does it again.
Sometimes it takes 6 or 7 times for it to work.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
common bug for safari to crash. It did it to me a least 10 times yesterday.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
There are a number of reasons for crashes. These range anywhere from inability for Safari to render a website calling for a plugin not installed on the iPhone to simply running out of memory. If you search, you can find many threads over at the Apple discussion forums regarding this issue. Solutions include clearing the cache and resetting.

These aren't end all solutions, but may be the best we can do.

wesexcellence

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Daytona Beach
www.audiobywes.com
There are a number of reasons for crashes. These range anywhere from inability for Safari to render a website calling for a plugin not installed on the iPhone to simply running out of memory. If you search, you can find many threads over at the Apple discussion forums regarding this issue. Solutions include clearing the cache and resetting.

These aren't end all solutions, but may be the best we can do.
Sorry but how do you clear the cache?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
You might find rebooting your phone every 3-4 days will help with not only this but other problems as well.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I read someplace on this forum that one of the other members here had that same problem, they asked one of the Apple genius's about it and he had said to turn the phone off for a few hours and that should take care of the problem. Now right before I go to bed I plug my phone in and turn it off and I've yet to have Safari crash.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I reboot my phone everyday and still have a couple crashes here and there. They are site specific though ... Chase Online Banking ... etc

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
This same thing happens when i try to open the full myspace page. I can get as far as my login when safari crashes.