Safari home page is Yahoo in Japanese

JMO

Dec 30, 2008
Also, when I hit the safari button on my home page, it goes to a japanese langauge yahoo weather page. All the rest of my web browsing is in English. Any idea how to reset that home page? Also, can I use firefox instead of Safari on my phone? Thanks!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Lol you can't use FireFox or any other browser on the iPhone. Safari is the only and default one.

Go to Settings > Safari and change your homepage from there. I always set my homepage as Google because it's the lightest and fastest to load lol.

Uhh and welcome to the forums :).

JMO

Dec 30, 2008
Thanks so much for replying - I'm assuming you mean the settings button on my phone? I just tried that and couldn't see anywhere to reset my home page - can you please tell me how you got to that? Thanks so much :laugh2:

quote=TarekElsakka;395942]Lol you can't use FireFox or any other browser on the iPhone. Safari is the only and default one.

Go to Settings > Safari and change your homepage from there. I always set my homepage as Google because it's the lightest and fastest to load lol.

Uhh and welcome to the forums :).[/quote]

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
The phone doesn't have a homepage. Just close that tab, and you're done.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Lol you can't use FireFox or any other browser on the iPhone. Safari is the only and default one.
Actually, I think there is an alternative to Safari on the iPhone. It's called MyFox, and I don't know much about it, or how good it is, but it is an alternative to Safari.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Actually, I think there is an alternative to Safari on the iPhone. It's called MyFox, and I don't know much about it, or how good it is, but it is an alternative to Safari.
Tell me more. App store? Didn't see it there.... Cydia?

Apr 3, 2009
I have this same issue but my iPhone is going to the dutch homepage. No one seems really to have answered your question. Did you figure this out?

Also, when I hit the safari button on my home page, it goes to a japanese langauge yahoo weather page. All the rest of my web browsing is in English. Any idea how to reset that home page? Also, can I use firefox instead of Safari on my phone? Thanks!

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
:) Sarcasm is not easily sensed in text.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
There are several alternative browsers in the appstore...