Safari internet cuts off after 1-2 mins use...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kelley99z

Aug 5, 2007
Stockbridge,Ga
i have had my iPhone for a week and a day..and i am disappointed with the internet feature...the last couple days the internet will work for like 1-2 minutes and then cuts out and goes back to the menu icon screen...just curious if anyone else has had this problem...it will do it like 5-10 times i a row til i get fed up and just put the phone down...i purchased two phones and my boyfriends phone does not do it...his works just fine...

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
i have had my iPhone for a week and a day..and i am disappointed with the internet feature...the last couple days the internet will work for like 1-2 minutes and then cuts out and goes back to the menu icon screen...just curious if anyone else has had this problem...it will do it like 5-10 times i a row til i get fed up and just put the phone down...i purchased two phones and my boyfriends phone does not do it...his works just fine...
have u tried resetting the phone? The safari on my iPhone as well closes on me but it doesn't happen often. One more thing, did u try it on a wi-fi?

kelley99z

Aug 5, 2007
Stockbridge,Ga
well i just got the phone on last saturday so no i guess i have not downloaded the update...my computer is in the shop but will get it back like monday or tuesday...and it cuts off on wi-fi or edge...i guess i will do the update and/or restore the phone if i have to...and see if it works then...

thanks

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Just power the phone completely down when you shut it off instead of just putting it to sleep. Hold the sleep button down until you see the "slide to turn off" slider. Then you'll see the Apple logo. Once it shuts completely down start it up again and your problem should be solved.

kelley99z

Aug 5, 2007
Stockbridge,Ga
ColsTiger...thanks a lot...i did not realize that i was not shutting it down all the way...that seemed to work...did you have this problem or just know or talked to someone else that did? i'm gonna watch for a day or two and see if is does it again!
i'm from Ga too..i live in Stockbridge...south of the Atl!

thanks
Kelley

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
ColsTiger...thanks a lot...i did not realize that i was not shutting it down all the way...that seemed to work...did you have this problem or just know or talked to someone else that did? i'm gonna watch for a day or two and see if is does it again!
i'm from Ga too..i live in Stockbridge...south of the Atl!

thanks
Kelley
I had this problem the first day I had my iPhone (June 29) and this solved it for me. I never had it do it again after learning to power it completely down sometimes.

I know of Stockbridge. I'm in Columbus. I'll bet you're a dawg fan up there. Look at my user name and see if you can tell where I went to college.:laugh2: