Safari just closes, goes back to the main screen

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
when ever Im just browsing the Internet safari just closes and goes back to the main screen. Why does this happen?
It's just Safari's way of crashing (too many windows open? Modding? No good reason at all, except it's just a computer). Power down your iPhone and restart it.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
same things happened to me like 7 times today.

Every single one of those times I went into settings safari and cleared cache, cookies, and history.
after that, I powered it down and restarted.

I'm on 1.1.2. This is ridiculous. All I'm doing is surfing this forum with like myspace or facebook (not even both!) in another tab.

Disgusting. When I had it on 1.1.1 it was acting much better.

Idk, suggestions anyone?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I think the unlocked phones suffer this problem more than locked. Mine is still locked to AT&T and I hardly ever have it. I hope someone with an unlocked phone can offer some suggestion, but I think that it's important that people know the possible problems from altering the original firmware.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
when ever Im just browsing the Internet safari just closes and goes back to the main screen. Why does this happen?

It will do that if you have more than 6 or 8 diff pages open, it is a memory thing, so close some pages you don't need or go to settings and clear cache, that is why it works again.

bubbamorgan91

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
DC
this happened to me a couple times if you just going into and clear your history and cache it should fix the problem. try clearing it once or twice a day depending on how much you are on it.