Safari sudden disconnect?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
This has happened to me on several occasions. I will be surfing along and suddenly safari just closes and the iPhone goes to the home screen. Does this happen to anyone else?

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
This has happened to me on several occasions. I will be surfing along and suddenly safari just closes and the iPhone goes to the home screen. Does this happen to anyone else?
Do you have the latest version of the iPhone software? Mine did that like crazy the first day and a half I had the phone. Just when I was getting close to snapping , my buddy told me that there was a Safari bug fix in the newest software update for the iPhone.
I've had the phone more than a week since then and it hasn't happened once. Now im loving the phone!

Good luck

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Or try holding the top and face buttons simultaneously for around 10 seconds and letting it reboot!

That usually works for the store models I've played around with.

Good Luck!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I've had this occur now and again, maybe once every 3 days or so - but I very rarely restart the phone or clear the Safari cache, and use the browser heavily - so this really doesn't seem terrible to me. In fact, Safari's quick crash out to Home (after which it is usually absolutely fine when you go straight back into it) beats the heck out of Pocket IE's slow, lingering, painful death when it crashes on a Windows Mobile device ...