Safari Tabbed Browsing

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I know you can open up new tabs by hitting the command + T key. I also know that if you want a link to open up in a new tab you can cold down command and click the link. Is there a way, like with firefox, to simply click the link and have it open in a new tab? I found the option for links coming from outside programs, but no link for those that are already within safari. Firefox has been giving me problems so I have started using Safari, having to hit the command button every time is not something I am enjoying.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i could never find anything like that. in fact, i don't even think the center mouse click works.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Im on the alu Macbook and I have my touchpad set up with a right click feature and it shows up with open in new tab window.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah I think that you need to either enable the right click or use command. I've yet to find another method at least.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
danipoak, if you're not happy with Safari or Firefox, try Opera... it's quite awesome.

spyrwebs

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Travelin man, SOCAL
For anyone who wants tabbed browsing to open in same window just like Firefox, copy and paste this code in Terminal. I have Leopard 10.5.5 Safari 3.2.1 It works.

defaults write com.apple.Safari TargetedClicksCreateTabs -bool true

To reset to default:
defaults write com.apple.Safari TargetedClicksCreateTabs -bool false