Safe driving for teens

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jaccks

Bronze
Mar 30, 2011
Was wondering if anyone has tried any of the apps that prevent texting and driving. Have a son turning 16 and would like some advice on the best app to use. Thanks

Jaccks

Bronze
Mar 30, 2011
Very helpful, I've raised two responsible and successful children prior to this age of technology. I'm very good at being a parent. Thanks for the thoughtful and useless answer.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Very helpful, I've raised two responsible and successful children prior to this age of technology. I'm very good at being a parent. Thanks for the thoughtful and useless answer.
I didn't mean to imply you're not a good parent or that your children are not responsible. The only apps like what you seek don't appear to work. I certainly would not rely on them. So, what do you do? I have grown kids and young grandkids. I worry too. But having a talk about consequences is about all I can do. Then I must trust them to do the right things. But I still worry. You're a good parent and you're doing the right things, but those apps won't help. Good luck!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
AT&T has a free app that disables texting when you are traveling at 15 mph or greater. The reviews aren't great, though. Some people claim it only works with SMS and messages take a while to arrive to arrive after they stop driving. If you have AT&T, you might want to check it out. If may have been improved with an update.

AT&T DriveMode by AT&T Services, Inc.
https://appsto.re/us/VJUe2.i