Safe driving for teens

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Jaccks, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Jaccks

Jaccks Member
    Bronze

Was wondering if anyone has tried any of the apps that prevent texting and driving. Have a son turning 16 and would like some advice on the best app to use. Thanks

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Which apps would those be? Maybe a man to teen talk about consequences?

3. Jaccks

Jaccks Member
    Bronze

Thanks for your advice, great answer.

4. Jaccks

Jaccks Member
    Bronze

Very helpful, I've raised two responsible and successful children prior to this age of technology. I'm very good at being a parent. Thanks for the thoughtful and useless answer.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Let's remain civil. I don't think Ledsteplin was meaning to be unhelpful with his reply.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I didn't mean to imply you're not a good parent or that your children are not responsible. The only apps like what you seek don't appear to work. I certainly would not rely on them. So, what do you do? I have grown kids and young grandkids. I worry too. But having a talk about consequences is about all I can do. Then I must trust them to do the right things. But I still worry. You're a good parent and you're doing the right things, but those apps won't help. Good luck!

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

AT&T has a free app that disables texting when you are traveling at 15 mph or greater. The reviews aren't great, though. Some people claim it only works with SMS and messages take a while to arrive to arrive after they stop driving. If you have AT&T, you might want to check it out. If may have been improved with an update.

AT&T DriveMode by AT&T Services, Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/VJUe2.i