Safe Mode Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by MoneyMaker79, Jun 3, 2013.

1. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Every now and then as of late I am going into safe mode. My situation, however, is not going to safe mode constantly. It happens at very odd times. My phone was in my pocket earlier after I used it to send a text message, then I brought it back out when I got home and it was in safe mode, and this time only three app icons were showing. To get everything back to normal, I had to reboot my iPhone entirely. Crash reporter icon didn't show.

Previously, the suspect was an airplane mode toggle for the lockscreen. I have since uninstalled that from Cydia as the developer did not respond to my email about it. I am unsure what caused this safe mode though, since the CrashReporter app did not show. I only had access to three apps, (Mail, messages and contacts.)

Attached is the crash log through CrashReporter.

I have an iPhone 5 running on iOS 6.1.2.

Attached Files:

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I've had a few SpringBoard crashes lately myself, but Crash Reporter doesn't list any suspects so it's difficult to ascertain what's actually causing them. Was this listed as a SpringBoard crash with no suspects?

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Unfortunately, I was not able to access CrashReporter when in safe mode. All of my apps, minus 3, were not accessible. I had to reboot to get my iPhone back showing ALL of my apps. Very strange!

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You don't have to open it while in safe mode. Just respring immediately after the crash and then open Crash Reporter. Sometimes it will list suspects.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Thank you. The only suspect it shows from a safe mode incident this morning is "MobileSMS." The incident from this afternoon shows no immediate suspect.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have decided to post back in here as it is the same problem. However, now I am going into Safe Mode daily. It is a Springboard crash with no suspects. If it's any other crash, it still is not with any suspects.

What does it mean by root - sandboxd?

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I was having daily safe mode crashes as well. In June, I had five of them in one day. No suspects. I got fed up with it and uninstalled everything except Shrink. I had no crashes after that, so about four days later I started installing stuff one at a time with two or three days in between. I'm not running everything I was running back then, but I haven't had a single safe mode crash since that day. I recommend doing the same thing or at least ditching all of your themes. They just aren't worth the instability they can cause.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

As you have said, it's hard to know what is the suspect if it does not show one. I don't have more than 1 or 2 crashes a day. Mine also sometimes are when I'm just on my springboard looking through my apps figuring out which one to open. Very odd. I may try your suggestion.

Thank you.

Sent using iCafe app

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's the only way to isolate the problem if crash reporter isn't showing suspects. I'm so glad I did it - the instability of the phone was driving me nuts.

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Also now my iPhone is continuing to work even minutes after it is on 0%. My battery has been acting very strange lately.

I'd like to not disable everything. But if I have to then I will. But how will I truly find out what is causing my iPhone to go to safe mode? Or will I?

Sent using iCafe app

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The battery percentage is just an estimate. It's not always 100% accurate.

Uninstall everything except one app and run it for a few days. Reinstall other apps one at a time every few days and monitor for crashes between each until you get to the one that is causing the problem. Uninstall it and continue the process. Occasionally, you'll find an app that is fine on its own but incompatible with another Cydia app.

12. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You're definitely right on the battery. Sometimes my iPhone has shut off when it said 10%.

Thank you for your suggestion regarding the safe mode issue. It may be a recent update on an iOS 7 Cydia theme. It's definitely hard to say though.

Sent using iCafe app