Safe Yet To Upgrade Firmware? Have 1.0.2 currently

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rgs3

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Is it safe to upgrade firmware to the latest if I have 1.0.2 and jailbreak it? I really love the 3rd party apps and CANNOT have my iPhone without. I don't need it unlocked (im a ATT cust) just jailbroken. Is it worth the upgrade?
Initially when 1.1.1 came out it was simply easier to just stay with 1.0.2 but the newer firmwares have been out for a while now.

Also, are all the apps in installer compatible with 1.1.2? I really like having VNC, Customize, SMP Prefs, NES, VNotes, Term-vt100, and some of the iapp aday stuff.

Thx,
Richard

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Is it safe to upgrade firmware to the latest if I have 1.0.2 and jailbreak it? I really love the 3rd party apps and CANNOT have my iPhone without. I don't need it unlocked (im a ATT cust) just jailbroken. Is it worth the upgrade?
Initially when 1.1.1 came out it was simply easier to just stay with 1.0.2 but the newer firmwares have been out for a while now.

Also, are all the apps in installer compatible with 1.1.2? I really like having VNC, Customize, SMP Prefs, NES, VNotes, Term-vt100, and some of the iapp aday stuff.

Thx,
Richard
Go head and upgrade, you'll be fine. You'll have to jailbreak again tho, and you'll need the newest jailbreak software from the dev team.

Jul 20, 2007
i was told that only some/few of the apps work not all....im on 1.0.1 still, hahah but im leanning on upgrade'n too...and i would like to kinow if and what apps work on 1.1.2.