Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Green Line on Screen

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
My wife jumped ship and got a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 replacing her iPhone 5c. She had an Invisishield wet install screen protector put on by Best Buy. They told her not to use the phone for 24 hours. She left it home. When she got home there was a fine green line down the middle of the screen. It does not go away. What could it be? Samsung could repair it but it would take 9-11 days to get it back or she could wait for the voluntary exchange program. Either way it's an annoying line that she'll have for at least 2 weeks. I'm considering going to the closest Samsung Repair place in Bergen County NJ. But don't know if they'll be able to do anything.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
My wife jumped ship and got a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 replacing her iPhone 5c. She had an Invisishield wet install screen protector put on by Best Buy. They told her not to use the phone for 24 hours. She left it home. When she got home there was a fine green line down the middle of the screen. It does not go away. What could it be? Samsung could repair it but it would take 9-11 days to get it back or she could wait for the voluntary exchange program. Either way it's an annoying line that she'll have for at least 2 weeks. I'm considering going to the closest Samsung Repair place in Bergen County NJ. But don't know if they'll be able to do anything.
Oh, no! That’s the one that explodes. Could it be an early sign that hers is headed down that fiery path?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It is not. It's a problem with the motherboard or connector. We're waiting for the replacement.
I’m glad you figured out what’s wrong with it. Nevertheless, here’s hoping you get your replacement before anyone gets hurt. Try not to use it around flammable substances or Fire-type Pokémon, lest the creature should accidentally set the ticking time bomb* ablaze.

*The phrase “ticking time bomb” is used in the figurative sense, as no actual explosions seem to be occuring; the devices merely “pop and self-ignite,” according to one user.

Unknown.jpeg