Samsung Galaxy S III vs New iPhone

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
the ios UI is not better than anroid are you serious. it way too limited in comparison. everything is much more harder do if you can even get the ios do it. my question to you is which new feature will Apple steal this time and add it to the new iPhone, 4g? real multitasking? turn by trun nav? better batt life etc...
this video says it all and comes from a old school Apple fan.
Stop trolling, for Pete sakes!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Who's Pete?
I suggest leaving it alone, it's the same old bull crap that only some are still attached to anymore. Jailbreak and shut up if you feel limited, for everybody sake.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
why would you not use s-beam it's much faster than your slow mms service and 1gb transfer only takes approx 3mins try sending that via text messg lol...
As previuously stated, bump has been around for awhile. S-Beam is just another copy. BTW...it works cross platform so it's not restricted to a certain phone model.

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note and love it! The screen is huge which I like for the kindle app, I love swipe! So far no regrets from switching from iPhone 4s. I love it!

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
nice but i tried it and it would not work on a file over 1gb. can you explain how to do large files with bump?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
nice but i tried it and it would not work on a file over 1gb. can you explain how to do large files with bump?
Dropbox or similar. Once again, cross platform. Oh, and no need to be in close proximity to use those apps.

Jul 13, 2012
Dropbox or similar. Once again, cross platform. Oh, and no need to be in close proximity to use those apps.
..so your solution is to have to wait while a 1gb file is uploaded, then get a link for it, send the link to someone, then wait for them to download it? And this is better than just tapping your phone against there's and the upload having been completed within 3 minutes? Not only is your solution a lot more cumbersome, it will take MUCH longer to do.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
But you have to wait and meet up somewhere so the two of your phones can embrace one another, ever so gently, just to transfer a file? Not very convenient if you both have busy schedules.

If the recipient is stuck in the office or at home on their computer with a broadband connection, they can just download the file directly to their computer. To me, that's much more convenient than having to to setup a time a place to meet up just to transfer a large file. Waste of time, gas and productivity.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
But you have to wait and meet up somewhere so the two of your phones can embrace one another, ever so gently, just to transfer a file? Not very convenient if you both have busy schedules.

If the recipient is stuck in the office or at home on their computer with a broadband connection, they can just download the file directly to their computer. To me, that's much more convenient than having to to setup a time a place to meet up just to transfer a large file. Waste of time, gas and productivity.
the Android uses the NFC which for thoes who don't know stands for near field communication. which means it suppose to be used when the 2 devices are close to each other. just another feature that the Android can do and ios can't. eventually it will come to Apple and when it does i can hear the fanboys now. saying (WOW what a great feature Apple did it again) they are the true innovators 1st with the drop down notifier and now NFC, lol.. you guys crack me up sometimes. always good to know i can come here and get a good chuckle

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto

Its an additional choice to established methods such as Dropbox, running a public FTP service from your phone, sms, email, etc. If circumstances make it convenient then there you go, if not, use something else. Yes I have issue that currently it's a GS3-GS3 only feature but knowing how the Android community operates, I expect that last hurdle broken in no time.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
the Android uses the NFC which for thoes who don't know stands for near field communication. which means it suppose to be used when the 2 devices are close to each other. just another feature that the Android can do and ios can't. eventually it will come to Apple and when it does i can hear the fanboys now. saying (WOW what a great feature Apple did it again) they are the true innovators 1st with the drop down notifier and now NFC, lol.. you guys crack me up sometimes. always good to know i can come here and get a good chuckle
I'm well aware of what NFC is. Vendors released 40 devices that were NFC enabled just last year so don't act like Android is special. I carry both iOS and Android devices but I'm not constantly spouting Android has this feature and iOS doesn't. I understand Apple may not be the first to implement features because they wait to perfect it or see how the market reacts to a feature before jumping in feet first. Android uses the market for beta testing which is great for consumers who want the latest and greatest even if it's really buggy. BTW, I'm still waiting on the official ICS release for my SkyRocket and JellyBean is already out. Please don't tell me to install a leaked version.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Its an additional choice to established methods such as Dropbox, running a public FTP service from your phone, sms, email, etc. If circumstances make it convenient then there you go, if not, use something else. Yes I have issue that currently it's a GS3-GS3 only feature but knowing how the Android community operates, I expect that last hurdle broken in no time.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
Please let me know when S-Beam or Android Beam becomes available for Skyrocket.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
the ios UI is not better than anroid are you serious. it way too limited in comparison. everything is much more harder do if you can even get the ios do it. my question to you is which new feature will Apple steal this time and add it to the new iPhone, 4g? real multitasking? turn by trun nav? better batt life etc...
this video says it all and comes from a old school Apple fan.
I'm always serious.

To be fair, the simplicity of iOS (regardless of limitation) is on a different level to that of Android. 80+ year old Grandmas can navigate iOS without issues. To many menus causes confusion, IMO.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Do i need to remind you the biggest thing of all? Yes I think I will.

Without Apple, there wouldn't be Android!

And I do believe NFC has to be enabled by hardware, not software. So, your statement is wrong.

jalalawi

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
The big question is, when we will hear about iPhone5?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA

Attachments

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Do i need to remind you the biggest thing of all? Yes I think I will.

Without Apple, there wouldn't be Android!

And I do believe NFC has to be enabled by hardware, not software. So, your statement is wrong.
and without alexander graham bell there would be no iPhone so what's you trying to say here:confused:

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
and without alexander graham bell there would be no iPhone so what's you trying to say here:confused:
Well, wrong, Meucci invented the phone, if only you did a little research instead of reading blogs everyday :rolleyes: