Samsung Glyde Lastest iPhone Copycat

Aug 28, 2007
well its not like everyone wasn't going to start getting touch screens on their phones, but yes, the touch to unlock is very naughty of them :D

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Look alikes just keep popping up. To bad they are all just chasing the iPhone dream.

djv72

Mar 4, 2008
I've had several Windows Mobile PDA phones in the past. I thought that Windows Mobile was the ONLY way to go. Until....I used a co-workers iPhone. DANG.....I was had! :eek: I went to the AT&T store and purchased my 16GB iPhone (the same day). I was currently using the HTC Touch on Sprint. I couldn't be happier. I thought the Touch was an AWESOME device. I guess it was, just not compared to the iPhone. The iPhone o/s is so smooth compared to Windows Mobile.

Anyway....just because Cell manufactures are designing phones with the iPhone looks in mind....they will NEVER be and iPhone!

-Dan

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Can you say butt ugly? Come on people. Make something original. Touch to unloc jsut gives it away - it's an 'iPhone killer'.

- John

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I agree, that is butt ugly. No one can make 'em as good lookin' as Apple ;)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Check out these photos... Touch to unlock:eek: Where have I seen that?
I like it better than that brick(Voyager) from LG. I guess all those people locked to Verizon deserve at least something that looks similar to an iPhone.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
ehh, imagine if the iPhone had an optional slide out keyboard that didn't change its shape or slimness. it would be even better, if that is even possible.

phred26

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Oakville, ON, Canada
This phone came out in the uk last year and I bought it unlocked like two months ago, its actually a very attractive phone when you have it in your hand but the touch screen is very bad on it especially when compared to the iPhone, also the specs on it have changed so many times that websites have them wrong. When I bought it I was told it had wifi LIE it actually has hsdpa but overall the iPhone smokes it and I'm so glad I switched

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
ehh, imagine if the iPhone had an optional slide out keyboard that didn't change its shape or slimness. it would be even better, if that is even possible.
Actually, I prefer the touch keyboard. I hate those microscopic little plastic buttons.

- John

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Actually, I prefer the touch keyboard. I hate those microscopic little plastic buttons.

- John
I agree. The touch screen typing was a big atraction for me when I was looking at the iPhone.

In my own opinion. The less moving parts on a phone the better!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I agree, that is butt ugly. No one can make 'em as good lookin' as Apple ;)
Whats so ugly about it? Or is it ugly because its not the iPhone?

On another note- why do ya'll act like the iPhone was the FIRST touch screen phone? and anything thats not an iPhone is simply garbage? I'm just curious what many of you were using before the iPhone and what'd you'd be using if there were no iPhone?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Whats so ugly about it? Or is it ugly because its not the iPhone?

On another note- why do ya'll act like the iPhone was the FIRST touch screen phone? and anything thats not an iPhone is simply garbage? I'm just curious what many of you were using before the iPhone and what'd you'd be using if there were no iPhone?
We aren't? You can clearly look at that phone, and the Voyager and see how much in common they have to the iPhone. This one especially.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Oh man I remember about a year ago seeing concept pictures of that phone on websites. I love how Verizon is desperately trying to come up with a phone that can compare to the iPhone. They first started with the voyager which if you have see pales in comparison to the iPhone. It has a really crummy touch screen. Just awful web browser. Now they come out with this phone. They are just dying to find a phone that is like the iPhone and get back some of the customers they lost from the release of the iPhone.

Bottom line is they aren't going to find one.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Oh man I remember about a year ago seeing concept pictures of that phone on websites. I love how Verizon is desperately trying to come up with a phone that can compare to the iPhone. They first started with the voyager which if you have see pales in comparison to the iPhone. It has a really crummy touch screen. Now they come out with this phone. They are just dying to find a phone that is like the iPhone and get back some of the customers they lost from the release of the iPhone.
yep, and the attempt is futile because I don't think verizon could ever have a phone that is more hyped than the iPhone. Especially since the iPhone is from Apple, and that is part of its major appeal. (even if they do make one that is technically 'better' I don't see it becoming more popular)