Samsung 'Health Event' One Week Before WWDC

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by chris, May 2, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I have no words for this one. Apple's rumored to have a big 'health' push with iOS 8. It could mean hardware (iWatch), software -- the jury is still out. We'll find out more on June 2nd. Samsung knows what's coming or at least what is expected. It would be surprising if they had new health related products, given that literally just launched the Gear Fit and S5 (featuring S-Health app).

If this were anywhere in the world but San Francisco, maybe you give them a pass, maybe.

It's in SF. As banners are going for up for WWDC, Samsung will be holding an event on health.

#1 chris, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Like Engadget said, Samsung will probably be disappointed when they get overlooked for all the media coverage of WWDC. Like it or not, when Apple speaks, everyone listens. It's just how it is.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Apple was apparently enraged by 'the next big thing is here' ad campaign. I wonder if it had the slightest impact on their decision to change the display size of the iPhone. As you astutely mentioned on Twitter, once Apple goes big, it becomes about software experience and hardware refinement. The last few Galaxy phones have been about adding stuff to see what sticks. Air view, S-Health, S-Voice.. I could go on. What becomes their 'big' selling point when it's no longer big.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The invitation doesn't wow me, either. A black background? For a health discussion? May as well stick the Grim Reaper in there for good measure.

Maybe Samsung is trying the "Let's Talk iPhone" strategy.

image.jpg