Samsung S8 and S8+

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
What are your feelings about the new S8? I see a lot of positive comments even among Apple fans. I have to admit, I really do like the sleek design with the curved screen and the new home button. I do hope Apple will take some cues from this and do a significant upgrade for the iPhone 8, and not some small incremental upgrade on the hardware design. Apple really needs to get rid of that ugly bezel. If they continue on the present course they will be left in the dust by their competitors. Where Apple does have the advantage is their iOS, and battery. I noticed that the Samsung presentation didn't have anything to say about battery life which was a bad omen.

S8Plus_S8_Silver_LockUp_rgb.jpg

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Not a fan of this new screen design, to be honest, because for one thing it will be prone to cracks more than ever, and for another it might not be as comfortable and convenient to hold. I already struggled with the S7 Edge because of its side screen which I kept tapping accidentally until I got a cover for it, and finding a screen protector which will actually work properly along with a cover is extremely hard, so I am guessing it'll be even worse with the S8.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I thought this was an Apple forum, not Samsung.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Not a fan of this new screen design, to be honest, because for one thing it will be prone to cracks more than ever, and for another it might not be as comfortable and convenient to hold. I already struggled with the S7 Edge because of its side screen which I kept tapping accidentally until I got a cover for it, and finding a screen protector which will actually work properly along with a cover is extremely hard, so I am guessing it'll be even worse with the S8.
That's good to know. I know some of my friends with the Galaxy S7 really love it. I guess everyone will have some different experiences with it. I just hope Apple doesn't do some incremental upgrade this year with the hardware.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
@JWiPhone Don't get me wrong, I actually love my Galaxy and it is one of the very few phones I haven't thought about changing after a while. After bad experiences with the S3 and the S5, the S7 really proved to me that Samsung is a worthy company to buy smart phones from, regardless of the Note situation.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I just hope Apple doesn't do some incremental upgrade this year with the hardware.
Since 2017 is the 10 year anniversary of the iPhone, I hope they do come out with something with a bit more 'wow' to it.