Samsung washers expected to get “Exploding” feature first introduced on Galaxy Note 7 Smartphone

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
U.S. regulators on Wednesday warned owners of certain top-loading Samsung washing machines of "safety issues" following reports that some have exploded, reports CNN.

"Samsung apparently wants to enable more of its devices to go out in a blaze of glory. Implementing the feature across its entire product line is a win-win for consumers and Samsung alike,” reports Rafagon News, sarcastically.

“We want our customers to feel like they’re watching a mini supernova in the comfort of their own home,” said Kaboom-Kyung von Firesmith, President and CEO, Samsung Electronics North America. Mr. von Firesmith is very enthusiastic about this new feature.

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 6.17.51 PM.png

Above: KABOOM!! A Samsung washer becomes the first Samsung home appliance to adopt Samsung’s revolutionary “Exploding” feature.

Last edited:

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
This reminds me of something that happened back when I was a teenager. I showed up for Scout meeting at church one week, and right around the corner from where the church was, there was a house on fire. Most of us got dropped off by our parents, and rather than head right in the scout meeting, we headed over to check out the burning house. I remember asking some of my buddies if anybody had brought any hotdogs or marshmallows, we had a perfect roast and opportunity right before our eyes. We later heard that the cause of the fire was that the woman was doing some laundry, and trying to get some really tough oily stains out of her husband's clothes, she had put some gasoline on them before placing it in the washer. Apparently that, combined with the heat from the dryer which was going, caused the explosion which burned down the house. It was pretty much a total loss I believe. We had a good laugh that night. I don't believe anyone died or was even seriously injured in the fire. And I don't know the brand of the washing machine.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
If you have a Samsung washer, you can use this site to check if you’re at risk of a deadly explosion.

If your model is affected, please, immediately stop using it and be sure to have plenty of clean underwear on hand.

Samsung_Activewash_Commercial_Bunny1_3x2.jpg