Samsung WEP 410: UPDATE - SURVIVED WASHING MACHINE

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Let me put in a good word for the Samsung WEP 410. Small, sleek, excellent clarity on both ends, BT 2.0 compliant, and reasonable battery life. I saw an AT&T manager using it with an iPhone and asked about it, since it wasn't on the shelves.

-K

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
Let me put in a good word for the Samsung WEP 410. Small, sleek, excellent clarity on both ends, BT 2.0 compliant, and reasonable battery life. I saw an AT&T manager using it with an iPhone and asked about it, since it wasn't on the shelves.

-K
I was looking at the 410 also. It's a very minimal design which I like and the fact that it has the canal earbud instead of the Apple style earbud. The convenience of having the iPhone dual dock and travel charger is a plus for the Apple headset though.

Do you get any static with this headset? I tried a Jabra BT5020, but the static was horrible when I put the phone and headset on opposites sides of the body. That, and if I walked a few feet away from the phone, it would become unbearable to talk.

qryptiq

Jul 21, 2007
maybe it was a coincidence but i tried the unit in two different stores and i got sucky service - bad static

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
UPDATE: survived the washing machine!

This little wonder survived the washing machine when I forgot I left it in my shorts pocket! :eek: Two days of drying and it works like new! I simply can't believe it.

It's already the best BT set I've used so far. Sounds a little tinny, but whatever! The battery is decent, the size is miniscule, the weight is negligable, the charging is quick, the volume is fine, the comfort is great, the pairing is immediate, and the iPhone compatibility is perfect. The little buttons are also surprisingly easy to use - I use my ear to push the bottom one (vol up in the right ear, vol down in the left). I'll stack it up against any out there.

Washing machine. With detergent. Full cycle! Wow.

-K