Samsung's Galaxy Gear Watch Borrows Apple Commercial

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
When you cannot steal from a product, steal from the companies creative. This ad is great. It was also great in 2007 when I first saw it on the Oscars.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
So let me see if I get this straight, when Apple borrows elements for iOS 7 it's no big deal here but when others do the same, it's bad? :D just saying

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So let me see if I get this straight, when Apple borrows elements for iOS 7 it's no big deal here but when others do the same, it's bad? :D just saying
Copying commercial content is a bit different, I think. Those are genuine ideas, not features that are no-brainers.

Would you prefer that Apple never added any new features that were used by jailbreak devs in the past and stagnate for the sake of not implementing something that has already been done or would you prefer that they move forward and add the obvious things that have been done on computers for years? Most of these features aren't innovational at all and Apple would have added them even if jailbreak devs hadn't used them first. These devs weren't really first either. For example, we were able to multitask on computers long before smartphones were available.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Copying commercial content is a bit different, I think. Those are genuine ideas, not features that are no-brainers.

Would you prefer that Apple never added any new features that were used by jailbreak devs in the past and stagnate for the sake of not implementing something that has already been done or would you prefer that they move forward and add the obvious things that have been done on computers for years? Most of these features aren't innovational at all and Apple would have added them even if jailbreak devs hadn't used them first. These devs weren't really first either. For example, we were able to multitask on computers long before smartphones were available.
Borrowing is borrowing

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1381750963.571696.jpg
seems like they borrowed more than just concepts to me.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I'll leave it at everyone borrows....the end

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
These features were available on jailbroken phones before Android smartphones came out.
I'm referring to the visual likeness. Europa, my simple point is that all companies borrow, can we at least agree on that? I'm not passing judgment against Apple or anyone. :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm referring to the visual likeness. Europa, my simple point is that all companies borrow, can we at least agree on that? I'm not passing judgment against Apple or anyone. :)
Yes, you are. Your picture says iOS has become Android. I thought we resolved this last time? I explained how they were used on iOS (jailbroken) before Android yet you refuse to acknowledge that and continue to post misleading pictures that imply that Android had them first.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Yes, you are. Your picture says iOS has become Android. I thought we resolved this last time? I explained how they were used on iOS (jailbroken) before Android yet you refuse to acknowledge that and continue to post misleading pictures that imply that Android had them first.
Ok I'll give you all that, now to my basic premise, all companies borrow, yes?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Ok I'll give you all that, now to my basic premise, all companies borrow, yes?
All companies borrow, yes, but it's a question of patents and intellectual property (IP). I don't think you can "steal" a commercial (ad) idea, otherwise every pickup truck manufacturer in this country would be in court along with Sam Elliott.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Another cheap shot because I disagree with you? I just want you to debate fairly.
Fairly? It doesn't get any easier than agreeing or disagreeing with my basic premise. I did not mean to attack you or Apple, the pic I posted is not mine, but it shows the visuals which I was using as an example. You did not even take a position based in my premise and I took that as your refusal to even contemplate that Apple may on occasions play the game like any other company. I apologize if I came across like I was attacking you; it was not my intent.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Fairly? It doesn't get any easier than agreeing or disagreeing with my basic premise. I did not mean to attack you or Apple, the pic I posted is not mine, but it shows the visuals which I was using as an example. You did not even take a position based in my premise and I took that as your refusal to even contemplate that Apple may on occasions play the game like any other company. I apologize if I came across like I was attacking you; it was not my intent.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I never said Apple does no wrong. Of course they do. I just disagree with you that they borrowed/stole certain ideas from Android. I used some of them on my iPhone 3G before there they were ever on Android.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I never said Apple does no wrong. Of course they do. I just disagree with you that they borrowed/stole certain ideas from Android. I used some of them on my iPhone 3G before there they were ever on Android.
That's what I was trying to get at, perhaps I used the wrong example (Android, etc.)