Samsung's Galaxy Gear Watch Borrows Apple Commercial

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chris, Oct 7, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

When you cannot steal from a product, steal from the companies creative. This ad is great. It was also great in 2007 when I first saw it on the Oscars.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

So let me see if I get this straight, when Apple borrows elements for iOS 7 it's no big deal here but when others do the same, it's bad? :D just saying

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Copying commercial content is a bit different, I think. Those are genuine ideas, not features that are no-brainers.

Would you prefer that Apple never added any new features that were used by jailbreak devs in the past and stagnate for the sake of not implementing something that has already been done or would you prefer that they move forward and add the obvious things that have been done on computers for years? Most of these features aren't innovational at all and Apple would have added them even if jailbreak devs hadn't used them first. These devs weren't really first either. For example, we were able to multitask on computers long before smartphones were available.

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Borrowing is borrowing

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1381750963.571696.jpg seems like they borrowed more than just concepts to me.

7. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

let's not start this crap again.

8. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'll leave it at everyone borrows....the end

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Well at least you're not saying stealing this time. Again, these features were available on jailbroken iPhones before Android smartphones came out.

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'm referring to the visual likeness. Europa, my simple point is that all companies borrow, can we at least agree on that? I'm not passing judgment against Apple or anyone. :)

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, you are. Your picture says iOS has become Android. I thought we resolved this last time? I explained how they were used on iOS (jailbroken) before Android yet you refuse to acknowledge that and continue to post misleading pictures that imply that Android had them first.

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Ok I'll give you all that, now to my basic premise, all companies borrow, yes?

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1381756972.878115.jpg

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

It's hard to argue with a diehard Apple fan that seems to think Apple does nothing wrong.

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

All companies borrow, yes, but it's a question of patents and intellectual property (IP). I don't think you can "steal" a commercial (ad) idea, otherwise every pickup truck manufacturer in this country would be in court along with Sam Elliott.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Another cheap shot because I disagree with you? I just want you to debate fairly.

17. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Fairly? It doesn't get any easier than agreeing or disagreeing with my basic premise. I did not mean to attack you or Apple, the pic I posted is not mine, but it shows the visuals which I was using as an example. You did not even take a position based in my premise and I took that as your refusal to even contemplate that Apple may on occasions play the game like any other company. I apologize if I came across like I was attacking you; it was not my intent.

18. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I never said Apple does no wrong. Of course they do. I just disagree with you that they borrowed/stole certain ideas from Android. I used some of them on my iPhone 3G before there they were ever on Android.

20. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

That's what I was trying to get at, perhaps I used the wrong example (Android, etc.)