Samsung's new Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are eerily similar to the iPhone 6/6 Plus

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Samsung has announced their new Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge phones, and The Verge has a nice photo essay and a detailed article on the phones.

Macrumors did a decent job of collecting a lot of specs in one compact paragraph:

Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge have improved hardware specifications in most areas, each featuring a 5.1-inch 2560×1440 Super AMOLED display at 577 ppi, Exynos 8-core processor, 3GB of RAM up, 32GB to 128GB of internal storage, Category 6 LTE, 802.11/a/c Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE, NFC and 2,550 mAh and 2,600 mAh batteries respectively. The devices will run Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I am hoping my employer will upgrade us to the S6. They upgraded our sales group to the iPhone 6 a few months back and the service side uses The S3, S4 and S5. I have had an S3 for almost 2 years and I am ready for an S6 and have been careful with the S3 to avoid upgrading to an S5.

Last edited:

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
From a design perspective it's the phone that Samsung customers have been clamoring about. However, there has been a large amount of backlash due to the lack of a removable battery and MicroSD card.

~S

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I read this this morning. I wonder what Samsung is going to say now after skewering the iPhone 6/6 Plus over "bendgate."
Bend gate is stupid and so is this. The only real problem Apple has had over the years is the reception problems of the iphone 4. Everything else is just clickbait.

I don't know if the news reached this forum about the supposed gap between the screen and the frame when the Note 4 first came out, but where did all those people go? I'm typing this from a Note 4 as we speak and it looks perfect. In fact that supposed manufacturing issue was actually in the Note 4 manual :lol:

These things are only blown out of proportion to get clicks and views. Where did all the bending iphone people go? Exactly.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Bend gate is stupid and so is this. The only real problem Apple has had over the years is the reception problems of the iphone 4. Everything else is just clickbait.

I don't know if the news reached this forum about the supposed gap between the screen and the frame when the Note 4 first came out, but where did all those people go? I'm typing this from a Note 4 as we speak and it looks perfect. In fact that supposed manufacturing issue was actually in the Note 4 manual :lol:

These things are only blown out of proportion to get clicks and views. Where did all the bending iphone people go? Exactly.
Stop getting so bent out of shape. We all had to sit back and endure the barrage of crap from Android fans when "bendgate" happened to Apple and the media jumped all over it (where are the media now, one wonders?). It's not personal.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Stop getting so bent out of shape. We all had to sit back and endure the barrage of crap from Android fans when "bendgate" happened to Apple and the media jumped all over it (where are the media now, one wonders?). It's not personal.
Was me being "bent out of shape" a bad pun? :)

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm an Android fan and I'm defending Apple here if you didn't notice.