Samsung's Prototypes Exposed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Krunk83, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

2. KrakaJap

KrakaJap Zealot
    Gold

As pathetic as all this litigation is (whichever side you live on), it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I'm reminded of the analogy of putting 2 scientists in separate closets and asking them to solve an identical problem using the simplest method.

3. Muckcityjustin

Gold

It'll be crazy if Apple wins and then a lot of these technologies that all the droid phones Samsung puts out will not bemoaning forward which will have a lot more people going Apple. Long run hopefully that doesn't increase iPhones prices because of exclusivity.

4. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

From those prototypes, which according to that article were finished 6 months prior to the first iPhone release, looks like Apple won't win.

5. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Maybe I'm just blind, but I think Apple should win. It just seems right. Samsung is terrible.

6. KrakaJap

KrakaJap Zealot
    Gold

That diagram wasn't allowed in court so Samsung released it to the public. Now the judge is pissed. I'm not understanding this... Apple was allowed to enter a diagram showing all models with dates but Samsung isn't? Regardless of who's right or wrong, fair should be fair and this definitely does not seem that way.

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

That diagram shows prototypes of Samsung phone 1 year ahead of iPhones release
    Would you not think there are proto types of the same types of the iPhone at the same time frame?
    I am certain both companies had a race to release the first touch screen smart phone and knew about each others plans.
    Apple won that one.
    That said, the question who had the original idea ?
    And did that person work for either or any company. Perhaps the idea/patent was sold?
    That said, people involved at one or any other point with the development of such a device, may sold information to competitors.
    Cooperate spys are real and a big problem specially for Apple. Just look at what type of security personnel they hire.
    Nobody can say who should win the case until all facts are presented and there must be a good reason why some items are not allowed.
    All I say I grew up making my own paper/box StarWars/Enterprise phone devices (toys)what also had square touchsceen buttons perhaps I should have patent them when I was a little girl and come forward with a claim?

#7 imutter, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  8. KrakaJap

KrakaJap Zealot
    Gold

Agreed... but corruption in the courts is also real to varying degrees. :)

9. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

That's most definitely true, especially in political cases.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter who came up with the idea first. I cannot really say that I actually "like" Samsung devices, but at the same time I don't dislike them or anything. I'm a fan of iPhones and I cannot deny that, otherwise I wouldn't have been an EICian at all; however, I do not really mind the fact that there's a huge competition between Apple, Samsung, and other brands that work with Android touch-screen phones because, well, if my marketing class has taught me anything, it's that competition between companies is almost always good for the consumer.

10. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

My favorite chart was the Samsung phones prior to the iPhone release and then the models post-release. Unless I'm mistaken, they have a history of ripping off designs.

samsung_blackjack.png motorola-q-review.jpg

11. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

The reason why Samsung is not allowed to use those evidence is because they were not able to meet the deadline to produce them. Plain and simple, Samsung screwed up big time and now they are begging the court but the court is upholding the deadline. Samsung knows they lost this battle so the only thing they have now is to piss the court off because they have nothing else to lose.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

12. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

this whole patent-trolling thing is getting way out a hand and Apple needs to stop, and get back on track to doing what they do best. nuff said.

13. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

As good as they are making software and phones, they are pretty good at lawyering up. If you had to give out one gold medal (it being olympics season and all), Apple's lawyers would at least grab silver.

I do agree, as a consumer I'm completely over all of these patent arguments. Increased lawsuits means one thing, more money for the lawyers. There has to be some level of trickle down effect (cost-wise) to consumers.

14. KrakaJap

KrakaJap Zealot
    Gold

For every day in court, consumers on both sides receive a small discount. ;) But then again, rushing it might end up in an unfair ruling.