Samsung's reaction to iPhone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by chazm, Oct 5, 2011.

1. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

2. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Didn't watch the video but If you're talking about the injunction I think it only pertains to France & Italy.

3. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

here are the specs of the up comming GS3. of course these are not the final specs. but it is interesting.
    The specs for the Galaxy S3 are impressive with a powerhouse 2.0 Ghz quad-core processor and 4.65-inch “Super AMOLED III” display which views at a dazzling resolution of 1280x1024 and 352ppi.
    In addition, the Galaxy S3 could have a 10 megapixel camera, 1.5GB of RAM, 1080p recording at 60fps, 32GB of internal storage, a 2,250MaH battery and a TouchWiz 5.0 user interface.

4. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

iPhone 4S sounds like it will still be netter, if not equal.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

5. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

Poo on Samsung

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

6. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

haha...

7. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Ok, that's just funny against such a list of specs. I did read somewhere that the iP4S though not the iP5, redeems itself via it's specs.

I do of course consider those Samsung specs, pure rumor.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

8. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

Hey! I have a Samsung TV and refrigerator, and they are awesome. But love my iPhone. ;)

9. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

Samsung tv's are second to none.

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

10. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

So the HSPA+ version of the Galaxy Nexus is 8.94mm thick.

gnexus-side.jpg

Of course I expect Apple to dispute that by laying the thing flat on a table and measuring it from the top of its profile to the table at which point the curve becomes a handicap to the measurement. :p

Figured, I may as well be the first to push this counter claim.

11. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I love Apple products... I have the iPhone 4S, an iMac, a MacBook Pro, and an iPod.. They scream quality!

Samsung does make some nice things but phones is not one of them. I have owned a few and they are never what I would consider quality... Plus, Samsung is horrible when it comes to releasing software updates and TouchWiz is just horrendous!

I do find the screen size on the iPhone a tad bit small but the screen on that is to big! IMHO a 4" screen for a smartphone is just about perfect.

My .02

12. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Member
    Bronze

Seems like a quandary for Samsung to me. On one hand they have huge contract to make chips for iPhone. On other hand they file injunctions to prevent Apple from selling phones with their chips.

13. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Interesting.

Insert comment from Spock here.

14. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Fortunately everyone does volume commitments for price breaks independent of retail sales. Meaning, Samsung gets paid as a supplier even if they succeeded in completely stopping Apple sales on the retail front.

The other important point being, only one of parties is actually prepared to agree to all suits being dropped by both sides and competing solely in the marketplace.

15. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

The GN is 8/10" inch taller, 4/10" inch wider for 1.15" more screen realestate. Wonder how it would compare to a 4"-display iP5.

Forgot to add that the GN's 316ppi qualifies it as retinal display quality, sAMOLED being a bonus if you like the colour saturation.

16. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

They are notorious for slow updates for any of their products. I used to have a Samsung blu ray player and they were always weeks behind getting an update when a BD wouldn't work in their players. I would never buy a Samsung product again.

17. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

18. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Here we go. All these spec rumors. Once again, Samsung bragging about numbers. It will be funny if the GS3 comes out with a quad core 2.0ghz CPU then the next iPhone comes out with a 1ghz dual core that runs faster.

19. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

...and a Bugatti Veyron will be damaged just as much if not more than a Volvo when smashing into a wall at 30mph. That doesn't make the Bugatti's craftsmanship worse than the Volvo.

20. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

That would be an old an obsolete claim. For example, Samsung just release the kernel source code for it's T-Mobile variants, yesterday. There are a ton more devices so it's still not going to be like the update experience on iOS but at least there is a concerted effort by the vendors to recognize this issue. Plus a rooted phone can run the latest builds if it has strong support in the dev community.

http://Androidheadlines.com/2011/10/Samsung-releases-kernel-source-code-for-t-mobiles-galaxy-s-ii.html