Samsung's reaction to iPhone 4s?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Didn't watch the video but If you're talking about the injunction I think it only pertains to France & Italy.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
here are the specs of the up comming GS3. of course these are not the final specs. but it is interesting.
The specs for the Galaxy S3 are impressive with a powerhouse 2.0 Ghz quad-core processor and 4.65-inch “Super AMOLED III” display which views at a dazzling resolution of 1280x1024 and 352ppi.
In addition, the Galaxy S3 could have a 10 megapixel camera, 1.5GB of RAM, 1080p recording at 60fps, 32GB of internal storage, a 2,250MaH battery and a TouchWiz 5.0 user interface.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
here are the specs of the up comming GS3. of course these are not the final specs. but it is interesting.
The specs for the Galaxy S3 are impressive with a powerhouse 2.0 Ghz quad-core processor and 4.65-inch “Super AMOLED III” display which views at a dazzling resolution of 1280x1024 and 352ppi.
In addition, the Galaxy S3 could have a 10 megapixel camera, 1.5GB of RAM, 1080p recording at 60fps, 32GB of internal storage, a 2,250MaH battery and a TouchWiz 5.0 user interface.
iPhone 4S sounds like it will still be netter, if not equal.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
iPhone 4S sounds like it will still be netter, if not equal.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
Ok, that's just funny against such a list of specs. I did read somewhere that the iP4S though not the iP5, redeems itself via it's specs.

I do of course consider those Samsung specs, pure rumor.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
So the HSPA+ version of the Galaxy Nexus is 8.94mm thick.

gnexus-side.jpg

Of course I expect Apple to dispute that by laying the thing flat on a table and measuring it from the top of its profile to the table at which point the curve becomes a handicap to the measurement. :p

Figured, I may as well be the first to push this counter claim.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I love Apple products... I have the iPhone 4S, an iMac, a MacBook Pro, and an iPod.. They scream quality!

Samsung does make some nice things but phones is not one of them. I have owned a few and they are never what I would consider quality... Plus, Samsung is horrible when it comes to releasing software updates and TouchWiz is just horrendous!

I do find the screen size on the iPhone a tad bit small but the screen on that is to big! IMHO a 4" screen for a smartphone is just about perfect.

My .02

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
Seems like a quandary for Samsung to me. On one hand they have huge contract to make chips for iPhone. On other hand they file injunctions to prevent Apple from selling phones with their chips.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Seems like a quandary for Samsung to me. On one hand they have huge contract to make chips for iPhone. On other hand they file injunctions to prevent Apple from selling phones with their chips.
Fortunately everyone does volume commitments for price breaks independent of retail sales. Meaning, Samsung gets paid as a supplier even if they succeeded in completely stopping Apple sales on the retail front.

The other important point being, only one of parties is actually prepared to agree to all suits being dropped by both sides and competing solely in the marketplace.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I love Apple products... I have the iPhone 4S, an iMac, a MacBook Pro, and an iPod.. They scream quality!

Samsung does make some nice things but phones is not one of them. I have owned a few and they are never what I would consider quality... Plus, Samsung is horrible when it comes to releasing software updates and TouchWiz is just horrendous!

I do find the screen size on the iPhone a tad bit small but the screen on that is to big! IMHO a 4" screen for a smartphone is just about perfect.

My .02
The GN is 8/10" inch taller, 4/10" inch wider for 1.15" more screen realestate. Wonder how it would compare to a 4"-display iP5.

Forgot to add that the GN's 316ppi qualifies it as retinal display quality, sAMOLED being a bonus if you like the colour saturation.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Plus, Samsung is horrible when it comes to releasing software updates and TouchWiz is just horrendous!
They are notorious for slow updates for any of their products. I used to have a Samsung blu ray player and they were always weeks behind getting an update when a BD wouldn't work in their players. I would never buy a Samsung product again.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Here we go. All these spec rumors. Once again, Samsung bragging about numbers. It will be funny if the GS3 comes out with a quad core 2.0ghz CPU then the next iPhone comes out with a 1ghz dual core that runs faster.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
They are notorious for slow updates for any of their products. I used to have a Samsung blu ray player and they were always weeks behind getting an update when a BD wouldn't work in their players. I would never buy a Samsung product again.
That would be an old an obsolete claim. For example, Samsung just release the kernel source code for it's T-Mobile variants, yesterday. There are a ton more devices so it's still not going to be like the update experience on iOS but at least there is a concerted effort by the vendors to recognize this issue. Plus a rooted phone can run the latest builds if it has strong support in the dev community.

http://Androidheadlines.com/2011/10...el-source-code-for-t-mobiles-galaxy-s-ii.html