satellite maps

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

beauty129

Jul 11, 2007
Does anyone know how to update these maps? I put in my address and looked at the satellite pic on sunday and it still shows the same picture 3 days later. I've turned off and on the phone. I've put it on airplane mode and taken it off. Nothing.. can anyone let me know how to update them.

thanks
m

ccr78

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
The satellite image only updates when google updates it. The picture of my area is about 3 years old.

edgeit

Jul 2, 2007
just imagine if the satelite images were updated for the entire globe every few days? any user in the WORLD could haave access to an almost 100% current layout of the US.

bush would have a fucking field day with that one. HOMELAND SECURITY

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Man I thought this stuff was common knowledge. The shear size of information, the security isssue, the data trasfer issues, the processing power, and the list goes on.....you gotta be kidding me :(

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Does anyone know how to update these maps? I put in my address and looked at the satellite pic on sunday and it still shows the same picture 3 days later. I've turned off and on the phone. I've put it on airplane mode and taken it off. Nothing.. can anyone let me know how to update them.

thanks
m
L O L :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Constant Updates - Just not everywhere

Google is taking pictures, captured from satallites (obviosuly), every minute of every day. However a complete cycle of pictures from the world is not complete for about 3 years. This means the pictures you are looking at have all been taken at a maximum of 3 years ago (though I would assume special cases do exist).

A cool thing to note about the maps is if you look at a base, take Norfolk Navy Base in Virginia for example, I am pretty sure they have some of their ship decks blacked out. This is also true for other bases around the world. The government's not stupid ;)

beauty129

Jul 11, 2007

thanks
m

OMG.. that's hysterical.. ok.. thanks !

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Google is taking pictures, captured from satallites (obviosuly), every minute of every day. However a complete cycle of pictures from the world is not complete for about 3 years. This means the pictures you are looking at have all been taken at a maximum of 3 years ago (though I would assume special cases do exist).

A cool thing to note about the maps is if you look at a base, take Norfolk Navy Base in Virginia for example, I am pretty sure they have some of their ship decks blacked out. This is also true for other bases around the world. The government's not stupid ;)
CITSUR NJ HOLLA :)