Sausage Links Poisonous?

smudgeyjoe

Bronze
Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Well, this isn't about sausage, but it is about poisonous. Recently, I saw a couple of YouTube videos I wanted to share with the youth leader at my church. When the video was at the forefront of my iPad 2, I held my finger down on the URL, chose SELECT ALL and then COPY. I pasted them into the e-mail and sent them off. Typically, when I do this, I immediately go into my sent folder and check the links. They were exactly what I had intended to send. As I thought about it, I wanted my sister in Texas to see them, so I called her up and forwarded the e-mail with the links to her. With her on the phone, sitting in front of her PC, she opened them, but instead of going to the video I intended, they went to a link about a gay kiss instead of the Krochet Kids. I sat down at my Mac and forwarded the e-mail to my Mac. Same result as my sister got. Then, I forwarded the e-mail to my iPod Touch and the links opened correctly. I went to the Apple Store. One floor guy said that there was a difference between mobile links and desktop ones, but the Genius I talked to said "a link is a link is a link". The result leaves me uncertain as to the reliability of links when I send them, which is horrible, because I do it a lot. If you have thoughts or explanations, please post them. I hate the feeling that every time I post a link, it might not lead to where I sent it. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I'm still scratching my head wondering what sausage links has to do with anything. :)

Michael

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't think this is very common. It sounds like some sort of YouTube hijack with a redirect linked to it. The iPad might block it from happening since iOS is more locked down.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I don't think this is very common. It sounds like it's redirecting and might just be related to this one particular link. The iPad might block it from happening since iOS is more locked down.

First, let's determine if the link is exactly the same on both platforms. Load the page on you Mac as well as your iPad. One should be showing the kiss page and the other the sausage page. Now look at the URLs. Are they exactly the same?
The sausage page? We are getting somewhere but he never said it was a sausage page. lol

Personally I only do the email link thing from Safari. As Mail is set to BCC me I get a copy too. Heck I do it just for me sometimes and omit the send to address (and then only I get it).

Michael

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The sausage page? We are getting somewhere but he never said it was a sausage page. lol

Personally I only do the email link thing from Safari. As Mail is set to BCC me I get a copy too. Heck I do it just for me sometimes and omit the send to address (and then only I get it).

Michael
Yeah, I just reread it. The videos were about Krochet Kids, not sausage. The thread title, combined with the fact that I only skimmed the post led to my assumption. When he said sausage links, I think he was just putting a spin on the term url links.

smudgeyjoe

Bronze
Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Forgive my silliness. The links were not about sausages. The kids from our church just came back from Haiti and wanted to help the people there. The was about the Krochet Kids, some guys who started a businesss for women in poverty in Uganda, taking hats they crochet, selling them online, and sending the workers the money as a microinvestment to get them out of poverty. Not exactly The Gay Kiss. Thank you for all of your thoughts. I will check them out. I just want to find the safest way to send links because they can be a great tool!

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
After reading all this twice i found it funny that it redirected to a " gay kiss" and the title was sausage.

No serious. I have had once or twice a copied link not work but never had it redirected to something else. I agree that perhaps it is a jacked you tube link.