Save Route in "Maps"

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I just entered an address and had MAPS route the trip for me. However, I wanted to "save" it and there is no real way to save it. I know it will remember it when I open the app, but what if I route something else or have more than two routes I need to save.

Is there a way to save the route with the native "maps?"

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
You could take a screen snapshot of your routes and directions. Better than nothing at all.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
What I did was enter the address (with no route set up) then added it to contacts. So when the time comes, I call up the contact and can get the address, touch it and it will bring up the MAPS program and then I can create the Route.

Just adds a contact that I do not necessarily need, but I guess its available for future times.

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
You could also create a note with multiple addresses per line...pick the one you want when you need it.

Wiggo

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Memphis
Or you can just bookmark the addresses. I keep all the places I go in bookmarks, then click on Current Location for start and the bookmark for end.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Can't you drop a pin?

dirt_mover3g

Bronze
Nov 3, 2008
I'd like a way to save the route as well. And also be able to "copy" the written directions and paste in a text message as well. Or even be able to email the route to a friend with an iPhone.