Saved contacts disappear. Anyone else experience this?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Duck1098

Bronze
Feb 16, 2012
Recently saved contacts get unsaved. Its been happening for months now. Sometimes the stay but most of the time I have to save them multiple times.

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
Don't know if this will help.....I had similar problems when I logged onto iCloud. Same with my calendar - either doubled up or nothing. So I changed settings, tried this & that, and now I've deleted ALL iCloud mention and just use what I was using for ages - google. It syncs/backs up contacts & calendar with no mysteries.
If you sync with your Mac/PC you need also to check your preferences there. I sync calendar & contacts to my Mac NOT iCloud.

Duck1098

Bronze
Feb 16, 2012
Don't know if this will help.....I had similar problems when I logged onto iCloud. Same with my calendar - either doubled up or nothing. So I changed settings, tried this & that, and now I've deleted ALL iCloud mention and just use what I was using for ages - google. It syncs/backs up contacts & calendar with no mysteries.
If you sync with your Mac/PC you need also to check your preferences there. I sync calendar & contacts to my Mac NOT iCloud.
Thanks. I'll try that.

Duck1098

Bronze
Feb 16, 2012
Removing iCloud didn't help. I'm so done with iPhone. I want to set it up as a new user but don't want to lose all my text messages.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Do you have any email accounts setup on your phone? I use Google's OTA sync to back up all my contacts, calendar, and email on their server. If you have an email account setup with it set to "contacts - on", you will need to try turning that off, as it could be overriding your saved contacts.

Duck1098

Bronze
Feb 16, 2012
Do you have any email accounts setup on your phone? I use Google's OTA sync to back up all my contacts, calendar, and email on their server. If you have an email account setup with it set to "contacts - on", you will need to try turning that off, as it could be overriding your saved contacts.
Wow. I just noticed all the new contacts have been saved on my email account instead of the phone. But now if I turn it off I'll lose all those contacts. How can I transfer them to the phone? Also, my "Notes" seem to be on difference email accounts, is there a way to combine all those notes onto the phone?

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Wow. I just noticed all the new contacts have been saved on my email account instead of the phone. But now if I turn it off I'll lose all those contacts. How can I transfer them to the phone? Also, my "Notes" seem to be on difference email accounts, is there a way to combine all those notes onto the phone?
If you go in to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Tap on the email address that the contacts are saved to and turn it "off" for contacts. It will ask you if you want to keep the contacts on your iPhone or delete them, you will choose to keep. From then on, contacts will not be synchronized OTA with that email address and only stored on your device.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
As far as the notes go, if you have the ability to turn syncing of the notes on with all emails, see if you can do that and have them all appear on your iPhone, then do the same thing with turning it off and 'keep on my iPhone' option. Not too familiar with syncing notes, though.