saved picture resolution is not good?

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I have noticed that all the pictures I saved into my iPhone (through my friends iphone-taken-picture by email) isn't very good resolution.

Same thing to them, when I email picture mail to them, and they saved on to their iPhone.

the original pictures looks so much better, but after saved onto your album, the pictures looks such a low-res blur...

Is there setting for saving full res? or that's just the way it is?

Does anyone noticed it? or just me?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've only saved a few pictures from an email, but I definitely noticed this. Pictures saved from Safari, however, seem to be fine.

meems

Bronze
Dec 3, 2008
I have noticed this too. Someone posted the workaround of using Scribble to open the photo and then save it again to iPhone.

I guess the iPhone automatically makes the photo lower resolution when sending in email.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
When I updated to 2.2, both pictures saved from Safari and Email were in a very bad resolution.

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
The only pictures that turn up fine for me on my phone is if they're 320x480. If they're smaller or larger they look like crap. Doesn't make a lot of sense when a larger picture with great resolution doesn't look great.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
ah.. ok...
guess it's not just me and my friend's iPhone... :p

goatea

Jan 13, 2009
saving photos

I've only saved a few pictures from an email, but I definitely noticed this. Pictures saved from Safari, however, seem to be fine.

don't know how you would save in iPhone safari...what I do is take a screenshot of the photo from email or web or whatever, that seems to maintain the quality. But you also get stuff around it. (maybe a cropping photo manipulation app out there?)

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
This should be fixed next update but something that works fine now will start acting up.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I have also noticed that Google Maps resolution is a bit compromised also. The map is a bit fuzzy and unclear. Not crisp and clean like before. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Mark:(