Saveing a single txt message

beachy151

Mar 23, 2009
indiana
Can any one tell me if it is possible to save a single txt message from a sender with out leaving the entire txt conversation on the phone ? If not is there a jailbroken app that can do so ?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
You will be able to do this on 3.0

beachy151

Mar 23, 2009
indiana
ok thanks styfle. Ive only had this iPhone 3g for about 5 days now, any idea when 3.0 may be released to the genral public ?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
ok thanks styfle. Ive only had this iPhone 3g for about 5 days now, any idea when 3.0 may be released to the genral public ?
It is coming out in summer and most believe sometime in June. Search the forums for more info and if you feel like installing the beta right now.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Can any one tell me if it is possible to save a single txt message from a sender with out leaving the entire txt conversation on the phone ? If not is there a jailbroken app that can do so ?
Hi: A good work around is to take a pictue of the text message while it's on the screen. When you take a picture of it, the picture will get saved in your photo album and you will have it that way at least.

To take a picture of the screen, any screen in fact, Hold down the HOME key then press and release the SLEEP/WAKE BUTTON. You will see a flash of light on the screen and hear the picture taking sound.

I hope this will help a little. :laugh2:

beachy151

Mar 23, 2009
indiana
Thanks for the quick response. I just learned how to capture the screen image two days ago but never dawned on me to do it that way, thanks again for the tip i will use that tip till 3.0 is out.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Pretty much all the jailbreak SMS apps allow single line deletion, so you can delete all but the one text you want to keep.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Thanks for the quick response. I just learned how to capture the screen image two days ago but never dawned on me to do it that way, thanks again for the tip i will use that tip till 3.0 is out.

You're welcome! I didn't know if you knew about the screen capture since you just bought the phone. I'm glad you know it. You are going to love this phone! I know I do. When I first got my phone I couldn't hardly put it down. Good thing I was off of work that week. Took Vacation that week and I will again when the new one comes out this Summer!

Glad I could help.