saving contacts and everything else

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
im gettin ready to update my modded phone finally but i just wanted to know if restoring it will erase my contacts. if so how do u save them. also is there anything thing else i should backup. i saved my film roll but u can't put those pics back in the film roll right? u have to sync them in a folder from your computer or can u?

EDIT: my computer has be reformatted so i have outlook express with nothing set up. now if i check the box in iTunes that says sync contacts with windows address book with it take my 150 contacts and back them up or will it erase them all?

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
As far as I know you can't sync your photos back into your film roll, at least not through iTunes. Your contacts should be backed up automatically in iTunes as part of your iPhone profile that's saved on the computer. If you have a Mac, I've found it valuable to save all my contacts in Address Book so that in case something happens, I still have all of them on the computer. Don't worry though. A restore shouldn't mess up your contacts as they should be saved to your computer. Hope it goes well!

motuser

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Be careful, I lost 200 of my contacts on both my phone and computer the first time I synced (after the Genius Bar told me it wouldn't delete anything). I also have Outlook Express with nothing set up on my computer. I did however have my contacts in my Windows Address Book, which is where Outlook keeps the contact info. I unhid the folders and made a backup of my ".wab" file on my desktop before I synced the next time. If your contacts are only on your phone right now, I can't help you. I've been afraid to back up contacts on iTunes again until I find another way to have a backup of what's on my phone even if it's a manual Excel file (which is what i'm working on). I would pay hundreds of dollars for a stand alone backup application outside of iTunes.

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Just lost all of my contacts!

All of my contacts are gone, not on the iPhone or my macbook, ,what the heck is going on. this is a major problem. The phone was staying in the sync mode for an hour so I reset the mac and the phone and now all my contact are gone.:mad: