Saving Picture Attachments

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
Not sure, but do you know how to send a photo to someone through a text? I hope you can do this....Almost every other phone can.

insocal

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Not sure, but do you know how to send a photo to someone through a text? I hope you can do this....Almost every other phone can.
I think someone said you send it as an e-mail to their PHONE NUMBER @ carriername domain (whatever it is) and it should show up for them as a text.

Superfreaknduper

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Its not. it was known before iPhone was released that it didn't support MMS messaging (that is normal picture messages) that all pictures where done through email as of now..

just hope Apple updates the software.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Ok, let me clear some things up for you.

You CAN send them. You send it in a different form than you would normally. It's sent the same as any other MMS message, you just have to enter their phone # as an email address.

So, if I had a friend with a phone number (including area code) of

(123)456-7890

I would do this:

Click the menu button on the photo you wanna send, click "Email Photo",
then in the "To" bar, I would type:

1234567890@mms.att.net

It's THAT EASY. IF you want to verify the hostname (att.net), you can have someone that has a "regular" camera phone, send you a photo, but send it as an email TO YOU. It will show you their return address in the format shown above.

It was the same way, back in the day, when you wanted to send an email to someone's phone as an SMS message, from an email client.

It would be something like 1234567890@mobile.mycingular.net

Come on, guys! Your lack of tech knowledge is lettin' me down!

btw, the phone also lets you save multiple email addresses per each contact you have in your list. So, I just save this address as one of their email addresses, and pick it from the list, when I wanna send them a photo. :)

BWGrapher

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
for Verizon.

If you want to send a picture message to Verizon user, you can send (123)4567890@vzwpix.com as a email.
Then, the person who receive the message will get the mms type message.