Saving to the Cloud

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by lori321, Dec 15, 2011.

1. lori321

lori321 Member
    Bronze

I've backed up my iPhone 4s to iCloud a bunch of times since I've had it, and it seemed to work, but when I reset the phone and tried to restore from iCloud, I had nothing - none of my pictures, none of my contacts, nothing that should have been stored in iCloud. Has anyone had this problem or know of a solution?

2. KRIEGHOFF

KRIEGHOFF Member
    Bronze

I just don't get it! Everytime I upgrade my iPhone, back it up to iTunes, or iCloud I always lose something!

3. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

That's weird! I've done restores both ways on my 4S and iPad, but never lost anything.

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

On iCloud go to storage and backup, then manage storage, then click on "this phone" and choose the data you want to backup. Make sure whatever you want to backup its on.

Attached Files:

5. KRIEGHOFF

KRIEGHOFF Member
    Bronze

When I went from 5.0 to 5.0.1 I lost all my pictures.

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

did you look at my last post? Is camera roll set to on? always backup on iTunes anyway.

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

AND copy photos & videos to the computer or a Dropbox account in their own folder.

8. lori321

lori321 Member
    Bronze

All those are and were on and I still can't get them when I restore from icloud. Unlike what someone else said, I know I haven't lost them. You can actually go on the icloud website and see your stuff there, at least the contacts and calendar. (photos don't show up.) I ended up having to restore from iTunes and of course got my photos, contacts etc back. But I'm trying to clear up some of the bugs that may have transferred from my 3gs, that may be leading to battery drain and other issues.