Saving videos posted on Facebook onto iPhone?

1. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius Gold

Is it possible? Or can anyone think of any way other than texting it 30 seconds at a time?
  2. jcmitchell5

jcmitchell5 Contributor Silver

I do not believe that there is a way to do such a thing. I don't think Facebook even allows you to save it if you are on a computer. If it were possible to save the video on your computer, you could transfer it to the phone but I don't think it will allow it.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius Gold

The Downloads App allows you to download videos to your iPhone. While you can't download directly from the Facebook app, you can tap on the video, but instead of playing it, tap on the icon on the bottom right of the screen and "Copy URL". Then you can open the Downloads app, paste the URL and download. Does not work for videos that require flash player.

It is also possible to download videos from Facebook in Mobile Safari. To do this you must be jailbroken and have Safari Download Manger and/or YourTube installed.

Just curious, what do you mean by "texting it 30 seconds at a time?" :confused:
  5. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius Gold

Sorry, I should have explained better. My friend took a video on his iPhone and I want to be able to have it on my iPhone to post here (my flash mob video). He posted it on Facebook, but of course that doesn't help. Short of texting it (which you can only do 30 seconds at a time) or posting it on YouTube (I already had to nag him for a couple weeks just to get it on Facebook), I'm not sure how to make this happen...
  6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius Gold

Ginny, post his FB page and tell him to expect a butt load of friend requests to see the video.
    If it is still on his phone, can you have him email it to you instead of texting it?

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013