Saving voicemails to computer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

turbo187

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Hi everyone,

Is there any way to download voicemails from my iPhone to my computer. Any suggestions would really be appreciated!

thanks,

Russ

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
Hi everyone,

Is there any way to download voicemails from my iPhone to my computer. Any suggestions would really be appreciated!

thanks,

Russ
Hey Everyone.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum (or if this has been posted before), but here goes:

Well, sometimes I get a voicemail that I'd really like to keep. It's not always good enough to have it on your phone, or their servers. Sometimes I wish I could have it backed up on my computer, to send around to people Well, with Jailbreak/iPhoneinterface, now you can.

I'm assuming you have jailbreaked your phone, and youc an use iPhoneinterface.

Navigate to /var/root/Library/Voicemail ---

You should see numbered files (1.amr,2.amr...etc) for as many voicemails you have. And then you should also see Greeting.amr.

If you getfile on any of those, you can pull it off. AMR files are playable in Quicktime, and then you can export it to a more reasonable file type. I'm thinking of trying to replace my Greeting.amr with a higher quality, and seeing if that works.

Hope you all enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

turbo187

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
is there any other way without using jailbreak? Jailbreak only supports Intel Macs (and I have a powerbook)

thanks for your help