Saw a G1 Commercial

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
Yesterday and they had an application that you could take a picture of a bar code of any product and then it could do a price check at other stores. Does Apple have anything like that? If so what is the app called?

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I had a web app from Apple.com before the app store came out but cant think of what it was. You had to type the bar code in but it didn't work to well.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yesterday and they had an application that you could take a picture of a bar code of any product and then it could do a price check at other stores. Does Apple have anything like that? If so what is the app called?
It's not a Barcode Reader - this app is on it's way to AppStore in the near future!

Last edited by a moderator:

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
There are a couple apps that claim to do it (I've never tried any of these)

PricePad by Blue Ring Mobile
Snappr.net by BayBrain, Inc

Those are just a couple I found. I'd give them a try.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
There are a couple apps that claim to do it (I've never tried any of these)

PricePad by Blue Ring Mobile
Snappr.net by BayBrain, Inc

Those are just a couple I found. I'd give them a try.
PricePad: Is not for international use!
Snappr.net: You'll need a macro lens!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
The only way I know to scan a barcode with the iPhone camera is having a Clarifi case and using Snappr.net. The camera doesn't have autofocus so it cannot get a clear enough shot when you get too close.

However, apps like SnapTell Explorer, Amazon Mobile and PricePad allow you to snap a photo of the cover/box of the product. Used it while shopping for an external backup drive last weekend. Certain apps allow you to enter the barcode manually as well.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii