Say hello to iPopuli

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
iPopuli.com is the proposed new home for everythingiCafe.

Vox Populi is defined as a belief or sentiment shared by most people; the voice of the people.

'i' has been used to associate sites, products and people to Apple’s products like the iPhone, iPad and more.

When you combine the two, you have the voice of the people who share a belief in Apple products.

iPopuli

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I’m not sure. Maybe never. There are so many factors that are weighing on my decision. Over the past few years, I’ve made more than my share of mistakes in the past few years that have definitely had a negative impact on the community. While I cannot let that drive future decisions, I’m certainly a bit more hesitant regarding a major change of this sort.

Over the past few months, I’ve been doing an extensive site audit. I’m amazed at some of things I’m finding and correcting. This should all have a very positive affect on the site.

I do need to reach a point where I’m content that I’ve addressed all issues before we hit a new product cycle. I’m not going to change during an iPhone 5S launch or iPad mini with retina launch.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I know change is good, but when you have to explain the meaning of a website's name... That usually not good :(
I've mentioned the 'new' name to a few people and everyone of them have asked & I quote, "What hell is that site for?" Then I mention everythingicafe and they have all had a good idea what it's about.
I'll be here no mater what it's called, just not real keen on this name. Just my opinion & we know what that is good for. LOL

Sent using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
everythingiCafe once needed a little explaining as well. The only thing I'd seriously worry about is that the forum seems to be drifting away from iPhone/Mac/tech-talk and into pure social activity.
That's cyclical and always a concern. A few thousand (now fixed) broken links to technical issues, threads didn't help matters.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Also a song from one of my favorite bands.

I didn't know you were a 30 Seconds to Mars fan. Cool. Me, too. I just played a few of their songs for Kev a couple weeks ago after we watched Requiem for a Dream (great movie, BTW). I was telling him how Jared Leto is also the lead singer in a band.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I didn't know you were a 30 Seconds to Mars fan. Cool. Me, too. I just played a few of their songs for Kev a couple weeks ago after we watched Requiem for a Dream (great movie, BTW). I was telling him how Jared Leto is also the lead singer in a band.
Absolutely love them and that is one of my favorite albums.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
As RoofMonkey said "I'll be there" but will have to give it more thought. I don't like change for change's sake but Chris your rationale is sound. I just like everythingicafe. I think that has more to do with the members and the enjoyment I derive and knowledge I gain from the forum. That would ultimate transfer to the new name.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I know it's late for suggestions, but have you considered simply "everythingi.com"? As in "everything i[fill in the blank]" or "everything that starts with 'i'".

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Hmmmm...going to let this name process awhile. I'll stay open-minded and like the intent. However, I don't think many will get it. If I remember correctly you were looking for something simpler.

Not that my opinion matters much since you have tee shirts and all.

Sent using iCafe app

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Definitely unique. With all the apple-this or apple-that named forums or blogs, this should certainly stand out. Thanks for the definition, Chris. It makes sense now.