Say hello to iPopuli

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Interesting name..

Change is hard to accept but as far as I am concerned the name of the site just directs you to where all the magic happens.

The content of the forum is more important than the name I think.. As long as people can find the site then all is good in my book! :)

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Hm..sound like we are a forum of artificial beings Has a bit of an iRing to it. iLike.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I am indifferent to the name of the website at this point. I came here for the content knowledge and stayed because of the people and the high level of moderation that keeps the spammers and the rift raft out. Change is great and just like our hopes for our beloved iDevices to evolve every year our beloved website evolves with it. Time to raise our mugs in honor of iPopuli.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I am indifferent to the name of the website at this point. I came here for the content knowledge and stayed because of the people and the high level of moderation that keeps the spammers and the rift raft out. Change is great and just like our hopes for our beloved iDevices to evolve every year our beloved website evolves with it. Time to raise our mugs in honor of iPopuli.
Well said.

Woesong

Bronze
Feb 12, 2013
See, like if you just came in off the African veldt after a twenty year safari, and saw these sites named Yahoo! And Google, and products by Apple and Amazon, you'd know immediately what they were and what they did. That is why a name should ever be descriptive!

Sent using iCafe app

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Change is good. Will there be a new mobile App or will this one just be revamped. Also, looking forward to the new logo. Chis keeps it poppin' that's for sure! Thanks Chris for keepin us on the cutting edge.

Sent using iCafe app

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
See, like if you just came in off the African veldt after a twenty year safari, and saw these sites named Yahoo! And Google, and products by Apple and Amazon, you'd know immediately what they were and what they did.
Really? By the name alone? I myself would have no idea what Yahoo, Google, and Amazon were all about until I logged in...

Apple I would recognize because they were around before my trip started twenty years ago...

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
After being inactive for a while (but still lurking) this topic made me log back in. I don't know why but I wanted to echo previous statements of coming here for the content not the name. The proposed name is catchy, but I do like everythingi better.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
After being inactive for a while (but still lurking) this topic made me log back in. I don't know why but I wanted to echo previous statements of coming here for the content not the name. The proposed name is catchy, but I do like everythingi better.
Hey we gotcha back posting, so that's a checkbox next to iPopuli. ;)

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Interesting...has an atypical ring to it.... reminds me of that football stars name portrayed in the movie "Invincible".

rojocrandall

Bronze
Mar 2, 2009
I hang around due to the content, people, and community I have seen and experience here.
I don't think changing the name will change the identity or character of this place.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I hang around due to the content, people, and community I have seen and experience here.
I don't think changing the name will change the identity or character of this place.
Thanks. Appreciate it, although I'm just a small part of what makes this place tick.