Say hello to our iPhone community!

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Good Morning Maurine and welcome to the forum. You will find the people here to be kind, respectful and most of all helpful. If you have any questions about any iDevice and cannot find an answer on the internet then, this is the place to get it answered. Again, welcome and enjoy.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I wish they all could be...
They got banned for lying about their location. They were actually from the Phillipines. Spammers from outside the U.S frequently pretend they are from here and use American names.

Adriano73

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2012
UK
They got banned for lying about their location. They were actually from the Phillipines. Spammers from outside the U.S frequently pretend they are from here and use American names.
Why would they do that?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Why would they do that?
We call them sleeper spammers. They try to boost their post count and establish a reputation here as a real member, and once they acheive that they start spamming. It makes it seem less spammish if they are a contributing member, though it's still obvious to a trained eye. Also, a certain post count is required before someone can post links. This is to deter spammers, but some are willing to wait it out. Stating they are from California when the IP refects a country a lot of spammers post from is a dead giveaway. Another sign is someone who makes frequent one or two word low quality posts in attempt to boost their post count.

Adriano73

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2012
UK
We call them sleeper spammers. They try to boost their post count and establish a reputation here as a real member, and once they acheive that they start spamming. It makes it seem less spammish if they are a contributing member, though it's still obvious to a trained eye. Also, a certain post count is required before someone can post links. This is to deter spammers, but some are willing to wait it out. Stating they are from California when the IP refects a country a lot of spammers post from is a dead giveaway. Another sign is someone who makes frequent one or two word low quality posts in attempt to boost their post count.

Wow! I had no idea! It's a good thing you guys act quickly. That would get really annoying.

synfulz

Jan 18, 2015
Hey all! I'm Syn from Virginia (recently moved here from NC) I've been a member now for a few days and enjoying the conversations!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Welcome. Like Kriss said there are many knowledgeable people here who very good at helping others and they really do enjoy it. Don't be afraid to take advantage of the community.