SBCGlobal/Pacbell/AT&T/BellSouth/SWBell/Ma-Bell ISP Users: READ THIS

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
Here's a little tip for all you bellsouth/sbcglobal/pacbell/att/ma-bell-conglomerate email account holders: When setting up your ISP provided mail account on your iPhone, instead of using POP and fooling with incoming/outgoing servers and SSL and all that crap, just use Y! Mail. Yes, you get to user your pre-existing ma-bell email address (no forwarding required) and your Reply-To address is maintained just fine... It goes like this...:

1) Add a new mail account to your iPhone, choose Y! Mail...

2) set up the Y! Mail email address as "user@bellsouth.net@yahoo.com" (the "@yahoo.com" is prepopulated in the email address field and you must keep it in that field.)

3) Complete the rest of the fields (Name, password, description) and validate by pressing 'Save'.

It works, I've tried it myself. And it works for all att/ma-bell conglomerate subsidiaries. I'm not sure if it works for sub-accounts but if not, that would be the only limitation. Take full advantage of the Yahoo push system on either wi-fi or EDGE. It's that easy.., Again:

"user@bellsouth.net@yahoo.com"
"user@pacbell.net@yahoo.com"
"user@swbell.net@yahoo.com"
etc., etc.

Since AT&T/Ma-Bell/Yahoo is one happy conglomerate, they all work on the Yahoo IMAP server just fine... I hope this makes setting up your emails a little bit less of a headache. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,
stu

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
bump... i still see a lot of folks having issues with their bellsouth smtp servers.. this should get you guys goin.
I replied to another thread. I tried this but it wouldn't work for me. I have Bellsouth DSL. I put in my username@bellsouth.net@yahoo.com and the username/password but it didn't work.

I get the error...
"The user name or password for imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com is incorrect"

mdixon1988

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
springfield, missouri
Here's a little tip for all you bellsouth/sbcglobal/pacbell/att/ma-bell-conglomerate email account holders: When setting up your ISP provided mail account on your iPhone, instead of using POP and fooling with incoming/outgoing servers and SSL and all that crap, just use Y! Mail. Yes, you get to user your pre-existing ma-bell email address (no forwarding required) and your Reply-To address is maintained just fine... It goes like this...:

2) set up the Y! Mail email address as "user@bellsouth.net@yahoo.com" (the "@yahoo.com" is prepopulated in the email address field and you must keep it in that field.)

3) Complete the rest of the fields (Name, password, description) and validate by pressing 'Save'.

It works, I've tried it myself. And it works for all att/ma-bell conglomerate subsidiaries. I'm not sure if it works for sub-accounts but if not, that would be the only limitation. Take full advantage of the Yahoo push system on either wi-fi or EDGE. It's that easy.., Again:

etc., etc.

Since AT&T/Ma-Bell/Yahoo is one happy conglomerate, they all work on the Yahoo IMAP server just fine... I hope this makes setting up your emails a little bit less of a headache. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,
stu
I have sbcglobal and this is how I set mine up and it works just fine since day one. No problems....

Judysfinds

Nov 6, 2007
SBCglobal emails

All this info I see posted here, including others, seem to be outdated.
I have SBC and have tried setting this up this way, and all the other suggestions at the store when purchased and on the phone with Apple & ATT.
Seems it may have something to do with the recent Apple update or something of that sort. There was a suggestion from someone on this forum to use sbcglobal.yahoo.com and it works for incoming but not outgoing.
Anyone else help with the outgoing?

Thanks
J

etc., etc.

Regards,
stu