scared to exchange iPhone, and get an even worse one

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Deserve? Maybe. But I'd rather pay than wait.
I just got back from exchanging my iPhone and it went well. When I gave them the list of major and minor items my phone was doing they agreed I needed it exchanged. I did have to get an appt. with the Genius Bar (they ended up working me in) to get the phone activated..something about messing up the warranty on the new one...dunno.

New phone seems to be doing well but am just getting all my stuff on it now. Must say it was cool getting it out of the box with a full charge!

iLawyer

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Jersey
Screens

This is the first I've read those terms. Can someone explain?
I think there is a thread discussing this somewhere on here. Do a quick forum search, you should find it.

Search: "Which LCD model does your iPhone have?"

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
I say keep it. I have the same problems as u except 3 dead pixels and light leakage. If u do not return the phone then their is nothing to regret with the new phone if something goes wrong with it. The problems with your phone will go away once you stop thinking about them. I haven't noticed the pixels in a few weeks because they just slipped my mind and also the same with the light leakage. KEEP IT. Trust me. Yours already sounds better then most peoples. The only reason I think u should return yours should be if the battery turns out defective. Hope this helped :)

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I say keep it. I have the same problems as u except 3 dead pixels and light leakage. If u do not return the phone then their is nothing to regret with the new phone if something goes wrong with it. The problems with your phone will go away once you stop thinking about them. I haven't noticed the pixels in a few weeks because they just slipped my mind and also the same with the light leakage. KEEP IT. Trust me. Yours already sounds better then most peoples. The only reason I think u should return yours should be if the battery turns out defective. Hope this helped :)
good call. battery life is good. im keeping the phone. im not about to exchange it and be pissed that i got a crappy phone

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
so my iPhone has some minor problems. such as one little dead pixil at the bottom of the screen, a little dust particle back there... my usuage wont reset, and im unsure if my battery is good or not. i don't get why my battery usage wont reset, im not sure if everyone has that problem or if that means that my battery is bad. im considering trying to exchange it, but im scared that i will get one thats even worse...

all of my problems seem really minor compared to the horror stories that some other people are sharing... im just in fear that i will exchange one.. and have ever worse problems and then end up regretting it and wishing i had my old phone back

anyone else feel like that...?
Nope. Mine seems to be getting better (especially battery life) every week. Now that they 29th of July has passed, it's now a month old and I'm still loving every minute with it.