Scared to tether my iPhone

mac29

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
A friend of mines found out a way to tether the iPhone from the internet and said that it really works. He gave me the files on my thumb drive and told me how to install it, I'm just worried that if I do it, there will be some very expensive charges on my next bill. Does anyone know anything about this?

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Ok, just don't download files or movies and you'll be fine. I mean 99% of the websites you visit on the iPhone are the same as on a computer, right? All AT&T cares about is data usage and as long as you stick to web browsing, you'll be fine.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Seems as though 5GB is the limit to not send a red flag to ATT. That is a lot of usage, so as long as you aren't watching 2hr movies and things of that nature you will be fine. Also note that the next update is reported to kill the hack, so don't update if you really want this feature.

Jomega14

May 5, 2009
No it is completely harmless your bill will not go up. unless you go over the 5G limit. I have heard of this and Im not not sure what ATT will do if they lag your phone. but for simply browsing the web its not going to do anything.

mac29

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I was just thinking that it was going to be like for other phones that if you don't have the data plan, they will charge you per minute that you are on the internet. ATT doesn't currently support tethering, so I wasn't sure...

CSRobe02

Bronze
Jun 27, 2008
Strange, I upgraded to 3.0 with no hacks, no modifications, nothing. My tethering works lust fine and I use it all the time (comes in VERY handy for the line of work im in). I didn't know that it needed to be "hacked" for it to work...

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
A friend of mines found out a way to tether the iPhone from the internet and said that it really works. He gave me the files on my thumb drive and told me how to install it, I'm just worried that if I do it, there will be some very expensive charges on my next bill. Does anyone know anything about this?

Tell us what program it is, I need that.

CSRobe02 said:
Strange, I upgraded to 3.0 with no hacks, no modifications, nothing. My tethering works lust fine and I use it all the time (comes in VERY handy for the line of work im in). I didn't know that it needed to be "hacked" for it to work...

What are you using that you don't need to JB or unlock? I have 3.0 too and need to tether.