Schedule iPhone to turn on or off?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 15, 2007
i've never seen anything that would turn something on while its off. haha thats like. impossible.. but who knows i can be wrong.
but isn't just putting the phone on lock the same thing as it being "off" like "stand by" on a computer..

but why would you want a schedule for this?

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
You could always put in in airplane mode, which turns off all the radios. But there's no way to do this automatically, and I'm not sure why you'd need to.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
You could always put in in airplane mode, which turns off all the radios. But there's no way to do this automatically, and I'm not sure why you'd need to.
Lots of reasons why someone would want to. And there is no technical reason why it can't be done. Should be possible with a creative cron task.

I used to do something similar to reboot my iPhone each night--automatically.

Alas I am on the road right now--in Oklahoma--so can't really look in to it.

--
Mike

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Lots of reasons why someone would want to. And there is no technical reason why it can't be done. Should be possible with a creative cron task.

I used to do something similar to reboot my iPhone each night--automatically.

Alas I am on the road right now--in Oklahoma--so can't really look in to it.

--
Mike

Umm... how long before you get home?

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
i've never seen anything that would turn something on while its off. haha thats like. impossible.. but who knows i can be wrong.
but isn't just putting the phone on lock the same thing as it being "off" like "stand by" on a computer..

but why would you want a schedule for this?
Samsung d807 can be schedule to turn off and schedule to turn on at a determined time, and if you don't want that but you just want the alarm, the alarm will go off and the phone still be off...

nokias have this option too...don't remember models but i know at least 4 different models do... nokias also have the option to schedule ring times, you can schedule that lets say after 7pm it will vibrate for all events but the ones you select will still have rings...

iPhone lacks many many many features other phones have, not only cut and paste...iPhone really is just cool to play with... but not cool for the functions...

still, i love to play with my iPhone... :D lol :cool: