Scored One

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Got lucky and scored a space gray on AT&T today at my local Apple Store.. :)

I went with the 6 as the 6+ was just too big. So far I am really diggin' it..

:insert happy dance here:

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014
Congrats! It's a great phone, I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying mine! :D

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I wanted the T-Mobile version since it's unlocked and I was paying full price but they didn't have any.. I am still pretty pumped that I was able to score an AT&T one though. I don't plan on changing carriers so it's all good..

Squalino

Oct 13, 2014
Congrats, still waiting on mine! Aiming toward the 6 as well! Are you second guessing yourself?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
guess you missed my sale

Last edited by a moderator:

Squalino

Oct 13, 2014
From Canada so unfortunately I still have to wait...no worries, I actually don't mind waiting so I can read reviews.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Congrats, still waiting on mine! Aiming toward the 6 as well! Are you second guessing yourself?
No second guessing at all.. The 6+ is just to large for me.. I knew I wanted the 6 from the second it was announced.

guess you missed my sale
I did miss it.. Wish I would have seen it but getting the T-Mobile version was only a minor thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Congrats on your purchase, let us know what you think of it after a couple of days of use.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Congrats on your purchase, let us know what you think of it after a couple of days of use.
So far I like a lot about the 6.. I really wish it was 5" instead of 4.7" and at times I am starting to think its too thin! 1st world problems I know..

I am a phone junkie. I've had every iPhone from the start, I've had Blackberry, I've had so many Androids I can't even count (Note, S2, S3, S4, S5, Nexus, HTC, LG ect) and a few different Nokia Windows Phones.

My phone before buying the iPhone 6 was a unlocked Nokia 930.. The Nokia 930 was a brick but I loved it! I am torn between it and the iPhone 6. The 6 is lighter, thinner and drop dead sexy! The 930 has the better screen and a better camera. Of course the iPhone demolishes Windows Phone as far as apps go.

I really like the 6 and will probably end up keeping it and selling the 930..

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I am not really a fan of the Nokia Lumia series, to be quiet honest, and I am most certainly not an advocate of Windows Phone. Like you, I'm a bit of a phone junkie and I have had iPhones from the first generation to the fifth (only kept it for a week) and then I got into the Android world which I am not about to get out of any time soon. I've had so many Android phones as well but my favorite is definitely the HTC One (One X, One M7, and recently the One M8). I absolutely love my M8 and its beautiful, well-built design, and of course the performance is, in my opinion, superior to a lot of Android phones simply because HTC's Sense UI is a lot smoother and more stable than TouchWiz and other interfaces.

Samsung has to be my least favorite brand when it comes to Android phones because TouchWiz is horrible, and if I hadn't had the option to install an AOSP ROM instead, I'd have sold it only a couple of days after buying it (S3).

Anyway I'm glad you like the iPhone 6, and I'd recommend buying a cover since the M8 is also aluminum, thin, and slippery and I'd definitely drop it if it wasn't for a cover with a decent grip.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I am not really a fan of the Nokia Lumia series, to be quiet honest, and I am most certainly not an advocate of Windows Phone. Like you, I'm a bit of a phone junkie and I have had iPhones from the first generation to the fifth (only kept it for a week) and then I got into the Android world which I am not about to get out of any time soon. I've had so many Android phones as well but my favorite is definitely the HTC One (One X, One M7, and recently the One M8). I absolutely love my M8 and its beautiful, well-built design, and of course the performance is, in my opinion, superior to a lot of Android phones simply because HTC's Sense UI is a lot smoother and more stable than TouchWiz and other interfaces.

Samsung has to be my least favorite brand when it comes to Android phones because TouchWiz is horrible, and if I hadn't had the option to install an AOSP ROM instead, I'd have sold it only a couple of days after buying it (S3).

Anyway I'm glad you like the iPhone 6, and I'd recommend buying a cover since the M8 is also aluminum, thin, and slippery and I'd definitely drop it if it wasn't for a cover with a decent grip.
I love, love Nokia devices.. I tried the M8 for Windows right when it came out using a prepaid Verizon plan. It's a very, very, very nice phone but I found I preferred the Nokia 930 design over it.

I always try the Samsung offerings but like you say TW is horrible. Add to that the 27.8 billion crapware apps that Samsung always puts on their devices.. But I digress..

I will probably keep the iPhone 6 and sell the 930. I might grab the new Lumia 830 next month when it comes out just to play with it and keep it as a secondary device..

I baby my devices and have never used a case or a screen protector. I've not once dropped or damaged them.. A case, in my opinion, takes away from the beauty of the device.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
That last statement is very true, and I do baby my devices as well, but sometimes **** happens and those touch screen devices are rather weak. I took perfect care of my M7 for nearly two years until it slipped and dropped face first on a wooden floor and the screen shattered, which is why I upgraded to the M8 in the first place.