Scratch on my Screen...Arg!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

skaught

Sep 11, 2007
I've had my iPhone for ten days and I just discovered a small scratch on the screen, just to the left of center. ARG! I've been carrying it in my pocket until I could figure out what kind of case/holster I wanted, but I've been careful with it. A couple times I caught myself putting my keys in the same pocket, but not many. I have no idea how it got there, since I haven't done anything "drastic" that could have made.

Luckily you can't really see it when the screen is lit, but just knowing it's there drives me nuts. The fact it happened so soon and apparently so easily has me a bit concerned, too. Looking at it with the screen dark, it's obvious and looks pretty bad. It's not long, though...only about 1/8", but that's enough. Think Apple will ever offer a screen replacement service?

Scott

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
HAHAHAHAH you scratched your screeeeen! ha aha ha
i'm just messin with you. i feel your pain. i'm an anal guy, so. i would die if that happenned to anything i owned. you shoulda bought those clear screen guard things. i'm sorry to hear this happened though. now go get a case before you commit suicide

Pinhead

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
HAHAHAHAH you scratched your screeeeen! ha aha ha
i'm just messin with you. i feel your pain. i'm an anal guy, so. i would die if that happenned to anything i owned. you shoulda bought those clear screen guard things. i'm sorry to hear this happened though. now go get a case before you commit suicide
Lol i feel your pain i had the clear screen protectors on and took them off cause i am a genius and got these 3 little circle marks on my phone..Needless to say i put it back on after the fact lol...:oops:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Man that sucks!

I'm totally anal about my stuff, if that happened to me I'd be freaking out!

LoL, that's why when I get mine, I don't care how crappy it looks, I'm getting a full body case, probably otterbox.

Vader

Sep 18, 2007
for the time being. try putting it in the pocketside of your non-writing hand. And pay attention when you pull it out and/or putting other items In that pocket.
your first scratch is like having your first scratch on you new vehicle. but what sucks is after the first, a second d immediately follows without notice. Then you start to not really care. hurry and get that case. find some cloth you can use to wrap it. having it wrapped will remind you to get that case before you start getting used to scratches.