Scratch or no scratch?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Link182kidd, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Link182kidd

Link182kidd Member
    Bronze

Anyone using iPhone 5 naked?
    If so then how's it going?

Sent from my black iPhone 5.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Scratch or no scratch? Does Howie Mandel host that? :D

3. Link182kidd

Link182kidd Member
    Bronze

Don't get it?

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Deal or no deal. Was a show howie hosted. Sounded like scratch or no scratch. Was a joke. I thought it was funny.

My phone has a little scratch on the back. I'm glad. Now I'm not so worried about getting one. I don't know how it got there. I've had a case since day one.
    It's just a phone.

5. Link182kidd

Link182kidd Member
    Bronze

Oh, deal of no deal is hosted by Noel Edmonds here in UK.

And okay.

6. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I rarely go out with my phone "Naked". I've always used an Otter Box Defender. Its a little bulky but I have dropped my phone several times from 6-10 feet onto a concrete floor and no damage. I'm sure luck had a small bit to play with it but why take chances with a gadget that expensive not to mention that I would be lost without it for even one day let alone a week or so while getting it fixed or replaced.

7. Link182kidd

Link182kidd Member
    Bronze

That's cool, i'm using the Gear4 icebox edge in black.

8. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

If you carry your phone "naked" it will get scratched & dinged up. There's nothing you can do about it except get a case.

9. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I disagree. I used my last iPhone for two years with no case and it is scratch and ding free. I am not gentle either. Bar tables every night. In and out of my jean pockets. Backpack pocket at work.

It is a phone not a baby.

10. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I'm naked all the time and I love it, as for my iPhone5 I have kept it case free since release and its got no marks I haven't dropped it(fingers crossed,touched wood) but I never dropped my 4s any how my black ip5 is pristine I do have a neoprene pouch that I put the phone in when i go out but that's it as Apple intended, why put a rubber case on such a thin and magnificent device, my advice think about where your kabout to put the phone after use in your pocket is there keys or coins in that pocket,jut being sensible baby yeah this iPhone 5 black or white should be shown off in all its glory...

11. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

You've dropped your phone 6 or 7 times come on nobody is that clumsy surely,and as for the otterbox defender being a little bulky your new ip5 may as well be a nokia n95 cos nobodys gonna see it any how the otter box is like briefcase,I still can't get ove how you drop your your iPhone 6 or 7 times is that a day or a month...be careful out there....

12. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

How come my emoji don't show up?..?

13. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

I'm gonna assume you have bad eyesight. The 4 & 4S was the least scratch resistant or at least the build hid it better. 3GS was a no brainer that the back & bezel was gonna show wear. The 5 is pretty bad naked too. The chamfer is gonna show wear no matter what if you don't use any type of case or protector no matter how gentle you are or not. The white may hide it better than the black but it's still there if you look close enough.

14. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

The phone I am referring to was the 3GS. No bad eye sight. Just tend to not drop things.

15. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

The 3GS is about the worst one. That turtle shell back gets scratches & swirl marks just looking at it.

16. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Read the post again. I said "I have dropped the phone several times" (Actually 3 times) not 5 or 6. That is also in the space of several years. When you work on ladders and elevated platforms as much as I have in the past, accidents will happen, hence the Otterbox. When I go out for a social occasion I will sometimes go "Naked" but to do so at work would be asking for a dead iPhone.

17. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

It's not fair to judge how someone else treats there ip5 if your careful you won't get any wear or tear on either the black or white, some people aren't concerned as they know they will be upgrading when the new iPhone arrives but I had my 4-4s for two years naked and didn't have a mark when it came to sell my4s on eBay people couldn't believe it was unmarked, I think it's just some people are more careful than others with there phones.if you do end up marking your phone it's not the end of the world...I've had naked since launch day just a neoprene pouch when I go out..

from my iPhone5 with I-CAFE

18. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Well I did read your post correctly and you did say you had dropped your iPhone several times which normally means more than 3 times as you would normally say a few times,plus you never mentioned working up ladders or on platforms... Be careful out there

19. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

It's each to there own I have ordered cases but once I've put them on its changed the look of the design of this iPhone

20. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Listen you did put several times which indicates seven or more if you'd put a couple of times or a few times then you may have a point plus you never mentioned a time period or that you work up ladders or on platforms. If I worked up ladders or on platforms I'd use my ip4s for work..