Scratch or no scratch?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Don't get it?

Sent from my black iPhone 5.
Deal or no deal. Was a show howie hosted. Sounded like scratch or no scratch. Was a joke. I thought it was funny.

My phone has a little scratch on the back. I'm glad. Now I'm not so worried about getting one. I don't know how it got there. I've had a case since day one.
It's just a phone.

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
Deal or no deal. Was a show howie hosted. Sounded like scratch or no scratch. Was a joke. I thought it was funny.

My phone has a little scratch on the back. I'm glad. Now I'm not so worried about getting one. I don't know how it got there. I've had a case since day one.
It's just a phone.
Oh, deal of no deal is hosted by Noel Edmonds here in UK.

And okay.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I rarely go out with my phone "Naked". I've always used an Otter Box Defender. Its a little bulky but I have dropped my phone several times from 6-10 feet onto a concrete floor and no damage. I'm sure luck had a small bit to play with it but why take chances with a gadget that expensive not to mention that I would be lost without it for even one day let alone a week or so while getting it fixed or replaced.

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
I rarely go out with my phone "Naked". I've always used an Otter Box Defender. Its a little bulky but I have dropped my phone several times from 6-10 feet onto a concrete floor and no damage. I'm sure luck had a small bit to play with it but why take chances with a gadget that expensive not to mention that I would be lost without it for even one day let alone a week or so while getting it fixed or replaced.
That's cool, i'm using the Gear4 icebox edge in black.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
If you carry your phone "naked" it will get scratched & dinged up. There's nothing you can do about it except get a case.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
If you carry your phone "naked" it will get scratched & dinged up. There's nothing you can do about it except get a case.
I disagree. I used my last iPhone for two years with no case and it is scratch and ding free. I am not gentle either. Bar tables every night. In and out of my jean pockets. Backpack pocket at work.

It is a phone not a baby.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I'm naked all the time and I love it, as for my iPhone5 I have kept it case free since release and its got no marks I haven't dropped it(fingers crossed,touched wood) but I never dropped my 4s any how my black ip5 is pristine I do have a neoprene pouch that I put the phone in when i go out but that's it as Apple intended, why put a rubber case on such a thin and magnificent device, my advice think about where your kabout to put the phone after use in your pocket is there keys or coins in that pocket,jut being sensible baby yeah this iPhone 5 black or white should be shown off in all its glory...

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
You've dropped your phone 6 or 7 times come on nobody is that clumsy surely,and as for the otterbox defender being a little bulky your new ip5 may as well be a nokia n95 cos nobodys gonna see it any how the otter box is like briefcase,I still can't get ove how you drop your your iPhone 6 or 7 times is that a day or a month...be careful out there....

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I disagree. I used my last iPhone for two years with no case and it is scratch and ding free. I am not gentle either. Bar tables every night. In and out of my jean pockets. Backpack pocket at work.

It is a phone not a baby.
I'm gonna assume you have bad eyesight. The 4 & 4S was the least scratch resistant or at least the build hid it better. 3GS was a no brainer that the back & bezel was gonna show wear. The 5 is pretty bad naked too. The chamfer is gonna show wear no matter what if you don't use any type of case or protector no matter how gentle you are or not. The white may hide it better than the black but it's still there if you look close enough.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
You've dropped your phone 6 or 7 times come on nobody is that clumsy surely,and as for the otterbox defender being a little bulky your new ip5 may as well be a nokia n95 cos nobodys gonna see it any how the otter box is like briefcase,I still can't get ove how you drop your your iPhone 6 or 7 times is that a day or a month...be careful out there....
Read the post again. I said "I have dropped the phone several times" (Actually 3 times) not 5 or 6. That is also in the space of several years. When you work on ladders and elevated platforms as much as I have in the past, accidents will happen, hence the Otterbox. When I go out for a social occasion I will sometimes go "Naked" but to do so at work would be asking for a dead iPhone.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I'm gonna assume you have bad eyesight. The 4 & 4S was the least scratch resistant or at least the build hid it better. 3GS was a no brainer that the back & bezel was gonna show wear. The 5 is pretty bad naked too. The chamfer is gonna show wear no matter what if you don't use any type of case or protector no matter how gentle you are or not. The white may hide it better than the black but it's still there if you look close enough.
It's not fair to judge how someone else treats there ip5 if your careful you won't get any wear or tear on either the black or white, some people aren't concerned as they know they will be upgrading when the new iPhone arrives but I had my 4-4s for two years naked and didn't have a mark when it came to sell my4s on eBay people couldn't believe it was unmarked, I think it's just some people are more careful than others with there phones.if you do end up marking your phone it's not the end of the world...I've had naked since launch day just a neoprene pouch when I go out..

from my iPhone5 with I-CAFE

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Well I did read your post correctly and you did say you had dropped your iPhone several times which normally means more than 3 times as you would normally say a few times,plus you never mentioned working up ladders or on platforms... Be careful out there

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Listen you did put several times which indicates seven or more if you'd put a couple of times or a few times then you may have a point plus you never mentioned a time period or that you work up ladders or on platforms. If I worked up ladders or on platforms I'd use my ip4s for work..