scratch protector for my 3G?

BillyB

Jul 15, 2008
Dose anyone know of any good scratch protectors? I've heard Phantomskinz is a really good one. But idk, dose anyone have Phantomskinz? or any other scratch protector? Im looking for something to cover the front and the back. let me know

thanks

BillyB

Jul 15, 2008

poe007

Jul 14, 2008
I think they are all pretty close in that aspect. The reason I'm going with the Invisiblesheild is the lifetime warrantee. :laugh2:

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I think they are all pretty close in that aspect. The reason I'm going with the Invisiblesheild is the lifetime warrantee. :laugh2:
I just had one installed. I was happy with the back, but NOT the front shield. When the phone was on, you couldn't tell it was there, but off - it's very wavy and ripply. It's think and feels like a vinyl material. I took the front cover off and put a crystal film screen protector back on. You can't even tell it's there, and it feels a lot better.

poe007

Jul 14, 2008
I just had one installed. I was happy with the back, but NOT the front shield. When the phone was on, you couldn't tell it was there, but off - it's very wavy and ripply. It's think and feels like a vinyl material. I took the front cover off and put a crystal film screen protector back on. You can't even tell it's there, and it feels a lot better.

Hmmm. How long did you keep the front on because the official website says after a couple days the waves and ripples should go away. . . Anyway, the screen protector you mentioned, was that a specific brand? And how has it worked so far? Any scratches?

BillyB

Jul 15, 2008

Oh really? So it messes up the touch screen? Well someone i work with has Phantomskinz on her iPhone and it dose not have that wavy ripply effect on or off. another reason i was kinda leaning twards phantomskinz is casue you get 2 full patterns for one.. and a lifetime warranty. AHHH idk what one to choose haha

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Oh really? So it messes up the touch screen? Well someone i work with has Phantomskinz on her iPhone and it dose not have that wavy ripply effect on or off. another reason i was kinda leaning twards phantomskinz is casue you get 2 full patterns for one.. and a lifetime warranty. AHHH idk what one to choose haha
Only a day, BUT - I've seen 2 other phones that have had the IS on there for over a year, and it still looks wavy and ripply. Plus the guys at the store said that doesn't go away.

poe007

Jul 14, 2008
Only a day, BUT - I've seen 2 other phones that have had the IS on there for over a year, and it still looks wavy and ripply. Plus the guys at the store said that doesn't go away.

Oh. :(

This is. . . disappointing.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Oh. :(

This is. . . disappointing.
Imagine taking a vinyl film and getting it form to a specific shape. It'll only work if it's stretched out. It looks fine on the back, but NOT on the cover. I'm glad I took it off.

BillyB

Jul 15, 2008

Oh well thats kinda lame. Im think im going to check out Phantomskinz and give that a try. Because my friends phone has none of that wavy ripply effect. thanks:laugh2:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Oh well thats kinda lame. Im think im going to check out Phantomskinz and give that a try. Because my friends phone has none of that wavy ripply effect. thanks:laugh2:
I'd recommend Invisible Shield over a start up anyday. I've had very good success with Zagg's products.

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
Well i have not had any experinece with IS or Phantomskins, but i have had experience with Bestskinsever. Let me tell you, there price is the cheapest i have found and it is a great skin. It only comes with the protector film, the solution you have to make urself with some mild soap. I was hesitant at first and since they don't have a lifetime warranty like IS. But i had originally saved all my receipts and things when i first bought the phone including the invoice form Bestskinsever. So earlier this year, my iPhone was acting up and was forced to get it replaced, and thereforee, loosing my skin. I email them being the cheapskate i am, asking if they could do anything for me, the CEO or manager of the company said they would be glad to replace it with the order number i had been given with the order, and i guess my saving of papers really did help because i had gotten my replacement a few days later :).
Check them out.
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/StoreFront

muckymucky

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
aye Bay~Bay~
Last edited by a moderator: