scratch remedy

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
I recently got some scratches on my screen. I ordered a protective film to put on to protect and possibly disguise the scratches. But before I put it on I was wandering if anyone has any fixes to fill in or get rid of scratches. I read Applesauce doesn't work for iPhones since it is glass and its made for the plastic iPod screens. I found a product online called displex so I might order that. I'm also going to a jewler today to see if they have anything for watch faces as that may work on the screen.

Anyone have any suggestions or comments about scratched screens?

I could kick myself for just not getting a film in the first place

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
I honestly don't know. I just saw them one day. Its a small group of scratches. I think its when I dropped it on my garage floor.
I got the front and back iwrap

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Not much will scratch the screen, but what does scratch it does it WELL! I pulled mine out of my pocket after scrambling up some rocks to take photos in Valley of Fire north of Vegas. I noticed a U shaped scratch about 1/2 inch from top to bottom and about 3/8 inch from side to side. It's a deep scratch, too - you can feel it with your fingertip. No dust or sand in my pocket. The only thing I can imagine is that I must have rubbed my hip against a sharp piece of quartzite rock that somehow managed to scratch the screen though my pants!

I only posted this to clarify that the screen is not THAT hard to scratch with the right abrasive!