Scratches on Chrome Trim?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TheDon

Jun 30, 2007
Socal
I have never dropped my iPhone and it has always been in the leather belkin case in a pocket with no keys etc but i see many scratches around the chrome trim. Why is this?

rrjr80

Jul 3, 2007
I have the same exact problem, and I even made a post about it a week or so ago. It drives me insane, because I've kept my iPhone inside of a case whenever it is not in use and I've been ridiculously careful with it. Heck, I've been storing it inside of a soft rubber case and have been placing the whole thing inside of a soft case.

I really have no idea why I am getting scratches on the chrome border. It is unfortunate that the rest of the iPhone is so scratch resistant, but Apple just had to include the classic "iPod super scratch material".

I contacted one of the scratch remover companies about using their product on the border and they stated that they had received some positive feedback indicating that it does work well on the chrome border. However, I am a bit apprehensive about using the cleaner on the iPhone since it does contain a mild abrasive.

Mark

Jul 12, 2007
Aurora, IL
does it make me a bad person that I don't care if my phone is scratched? I ordered the sweet skin you see in my avatar. So I'll never really have to worry about scratches being visible. I've dropped my iPhone 5 times. sure it sucks now, but when that skin gets here, I'll forget they're there.

jimwarden

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I'm going to try some Chrome Polish if mine gets any more scratches. It just has a few very small ones from the Belkin clear case I used over that first weekend. Returned it for full refund. Waiting on my best skins ever to arrive tomorrow or early nest week, but realize they don't cover the chrome bezel.

Jim

Jul 12, 2007
i think its the cases you guys use.... i don't have one and i had my iph0ne since the first day it came out, and my ph0ne still looks brand new :D

SCMedic

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I have the DLO silicone case, and I just took it off last night, and noticed a few small scratches.. This thing covers the sides too. I'm guessing it's from stuff getting under the case edge..

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
BAM! iPhone, that phone that gets scratched with a case on.

same thing happened with my acrylic case with belkin, returned it. No new scratch since my iPhone went nakey