Scratches on silver border surrounding iPhone

rrjr80

Jul 3, 2007
Anyone else having problems with scratches on the silver border surrounding the phone? I'm having no problems at all with the glass screen or the Apple logo on the back, but small scratches are popping up on the silver border. It bothers me simply because I've been very careful with the phone and have been storing it inside of a soft case even when it is inside of my empty pocket.

Just wondering if anyone else is aggrivated with this. Since I've only had it a few days, I can only imagine how many scratches I'll have on that silver border in a few months.

I wonder if the iPod scratch remover solutions will work well on this silver surface if the times comes that I have a significant amount of scratches.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Anyone else having problems with scratches on the silver border surrounding the phone? I'm having no problems at all with the glass screen or the Apple logo on the back, but small scratches are popping up on the silver border. It bothers me simply because I've been very careful with the phone and have been storing it inside of a soft case even when it is inside of my empty pocket.

Just wondering if anyone else is aggrivated with this. Since I've only had it a few days, I can only imagine how many scratches I'll have on that silver border in a few months.

I wonder if the iPod scratch remover solutions will work well on this silver surface if the times comes that I have a significant amount of scratches.
Yes, it is extremely scratch prone. Also the silver paint finish on the back is very thin and I have already noticed small pin pricks and scratches, I ordered an invisible shield today but it still won't protect the the silver ring.(it is doomed to be scratched)

rrjr80

Jul 3, 2007
Yeah, I really wish they would have picked something different for the border other than the "Super Scratch iPod surface".

hutchensgd

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Yeah, I really wish they would have picked something different for the border other than the "Super Scratch iPod surface".
Yes, I was a little upset when I saw my first scratch, but this is going to happen to everything.