Scratching?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
So I have read several threads about the Agent 18 case and heard it damages the iPhone? What exactly do you mean? Is it slightly scratching the back? Is it only scratching it if you drop it? Is there anything you can do so that it doesn't scratch the phone while its on? (heard someone say they were using a screen protector on the back)

My second question is, are either the Agent 18 case or the Switcheasy capsule sold in the Apple store? If one of them is, i think i'll go with that one as i'm a big case fan when it comes to something i want to protect.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
So I have read several threads about the Agent 18 case and heard it damages the iPhone? What exactly do you mean? Is it slightly scratching the back? Is it only scratching it if you drop it? Is there anything you can do so that it doesn't scratch the phone while its on? (heard someone say they were using a screen protector on the back)

My second question is, are either the Agent 18 case or the Switcheasy capsule sold in the Apple store? If one of them is, i think i'll go with that one as i'm a big case fan when it comes to something i want to protect.

You need to really have the phone clean before you install the case. The grit makes scratches. Plus after on for a while the attracted dirl-lint can scratch. Do a search and read for yourself.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
You need to really have the phone clean before you install the case. The grit makes scratches. Plus after on for a while the attracted dirl-lint can scratch. Do a search and read for yourself.
makes sense, i just got my phone so there is no grit on it at all

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Agent 18 is what I have. I have scratches, but they were pre-case. I went naked for a long time.

Gom33

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
i got scratches after a little while on the chrome, i bet it was dust/grit little things that would get caught in the case itself... now i have a capsule case and i don't think i will have that problem...

oh, my scratches are mainly on the bottom chrome part... why did they have to make them chrome? wish it was like the touch's...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
i got scratches after a little while on the chrome, i bet it was dust/grit little things that would get caught in the case itself... now i have a capsule case and i don't think i will have that problem...

oh, my scratches are mainly on the bottom chrome part... why did they have to make them chrome? wish it was like the touch's...
If you have some skill and time, you can tape off the phone leaving the bezel exposed. Then take a scotch brite and start scraping, and you end up with a matte finish.

Gom33

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
If you have some skill and time, you can tape off the phone leaving the bezel exposed. Then take a scotch brite and start scraping, and you end up with a matte finish.

are you being serious? lol... if so, did you do it to yours and do you have any pics?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
are you being serious? lol... if so, did you do it to yours and do you have any pics?
yes, seriously. I haven't done it, but a few people have. I'll see if i can find the thread....

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
i don't have a problem with my agent 18 case scratching my phone. but, i cleaned the phone thoroughly before i installed the case and about once a week, i take the phone out of the case, clean it and clean the case and reinstall.

snowbred

Jan 5, 2008
My case scratched the aluminum back. Seems inside the case there are two parallel lines that go down the case, if i rub my finger over them i can feel them sorta sticking out. I just got another iPhone i'd like to buy the case again but im scared its going to scratch the phone again. I may try the switcheasy capsule case instead, but im also worried it will scratch the aluminum. I may just go with the contour showcase

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
My case scratched the aluminum back. Seems inside the case there are two parallel lines that go down the case, if i rub my finger over them i can feel them sorta sticking out. I just got another iPhone i'd like to buy the case again but im scared its going to scratch the phone again. I may try the switcheasy capsule case instead, but im also worried it will scratch the aluminum. I may just go with the contour showcase
yeah i do like the agent 18 case, but i am planning on going into the store and getting the contour case as well

xsbx

Bronze
Jan 5, 2008
Eh whats the next best thin case because I would be furious if I found out the case scratched my iPhone.

xsbx

Bronze
Jan 5, 2008
Thats terrible sue them!

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
how did plastic do that? must have been some grit or dirt under that line that did it

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
I've had the Agent 18 case for about a week now. Took it off to check on the phone and I saw tiny scratches on the corners of my bezel. Which was hard for me to believe because I keep my phone clean and in a leather holster.

Don't get me wrong the scratches are only visible if you're inches away. But then again, I'm obsessive compulsive when it comes to phones.

I'm thinking of taking it back and getting the Incase Slicone case.

Anyone with the Seidio Rubberized case experience any scratches on their phone?

snowbred

Jan 5, 2008
I just ordered the artwizz seeclear case. Maybe I will have better luck. I'm so anal with this phone I'm on my 5th case.

xsbx

Bronze
Jan 5, 2008
Haha ya I am too, so tell me how the case is when you get it.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
KNK is right. I made the mistake of not cleaning my iPhone before the case went on and it left some tiny scratches at the very bottom of the chrome piece.