Screen black out

tsrprasad

Dec 30, 2008
Hi All,
I have a unlocked iPhone 2G whose screen is not working :mad:after a fall but shows no signs of damage, the phone is almost impeccable except for a few scratches. The phone is a first generation iPhone which was bought from an Apple store and is still covered under warranty, however its never been activated for AT&T (unlocked using Winpwn).

I plan to restore the phone with the latest iPhone firmware using iTunes and go to the Apple store to ask for a warranty repair/replacement.

I want to know if:
1) Is warranty cover available even if the phone is not activated?
2) Will Apple personnel insist that I activate the phone after repair/replacement?

Please help, I almost feel like crying.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Hi All,
I have a unlocked iPhone 2G whose screen is not working :mad:after a fall but shows no signs of damage, the phone is almost impeccable except for a few scratches. The phone is a first generation iPhone which was bought from an Apple store and is still covered under warranty, however its never been activated for AT&T (unlocked using Winpwn).

I plan to restore the phone with the latest iPhone firmware using iTunes and go to the Apple store to ask for a warranty repair/replacement.

I want to know if:
1) Is warranty cover available even if the phone is not activated?
2) Will Apple personnel insist that I activate the phone after repair/replacement?

Please help, I almost feel like crying.
It most likely will just depend on the Apple Rep you have the pleasure of explaining your problem to. Hope you get the Steve Wozniak type of Apple Rep instead of the Steve Jobs type of Apple rep...Mark

An unactivated v1 does raise the red flag that you probably altered the software in some way...

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
It most likely will just depend on the Apple Rep you have the pleasure of explaining your problem to. Hope you get the Steve Wozniak type of Apple Rep instead of the Steve Jobs type of Apple rep...Mark

An unactivated v1 does raise the red flag that you probably altered the software in some way...
'

I would say the same thing! When did you buy the iPhone?...and, get some kind of a story ready for "that's why I didn't activated my iPhone"..