Screen Capture software for Mac?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
when i use pc, i use this thing called screen hunter, where you set the folder where you want photos to be saved, and just buy pressing a hot key, a picture of your screen will be saved in the destination you chose. Is there any software like for mac?

Thanks

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Keystrokes, baby. It's the fastest way. Learn them. (y)
command+shift+3 (full screen)
command+shift+4 (selectable area)
I use those two, but Grab enables you to perfectly grab an application window, so no wallpaper/background gets captured when you do the screen grab.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I use those two, but Grab enables you to perfectly grab an application window, so no wallpaper/background gets captured when you do the screen grab.
command+shift+4+spacebar does the same thing and it's faster. It also adds a cool drop shadow.

Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 9.41.49 AM.png

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
You bet! I don't think you can set a destination folder using the keystrokes.

By any chance do you have any fairy liquid to spare? :D
I will look into it will let you know if I find out about changing the destination.

About the fairy liquid
Yes, yes i do, will ship it too you ;)

Sent using a bottle of fairy liquid

BebeMic

Aug 22, 2013
Display catch is useful when you want to describe something that is challenging to describe in terms. Another choice is to use screen recording unit Mac. This is even better as movie is documented instead of still pictures. There are several programs that you can select from if you want to history videos clip of your screen for demonstration or trial.